Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

So, was traveling to work and I when I was pushing the gas pedal I got near zero respons from the car besides stutter. And one day I left the car at work and took another car home, the morning after the engine lamp lit up, and the car begun to shake. Drove it to a authorized stealership with workshop, and they could give me a time 3 weeks later! Drove the car away from them, only to find me later on standing on the side of the highway with a flashing engine lamp and now the car is in saftey mode. :rant:

In idle, the needle for RPM is traveling from 600 - 800/900 RPM!

Going to read the ODB 2 today, but until then I'll hope somebody in here has been in the same situation as I'm in now, and could give me some advice?

Best

·
Registered
140 Posts
Flashing CEL means misfire, so that and the code are saying the same thing.

Now that you know it's the #1 cylinder (front passenger side) you have a place to start inspecting to see if you can find the problem. On a single cylinder misfire I'd start with spark problems. Check the spark plug wire and make sure it's not melted. Press it onto the plug and see if it's properly seated. If that looks ok, then remove the plug wire and plug and take a look at the plug itself. Look at the tip to see if it's worn or fouled up.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well... misfires could be from a bad spark plug, but why? Did a valve break and damage the spark plug, piston and cylinder? That would account for notable shaking. A 'simple' misfire doesn't usually end up as a dead motor.

Start with the easy stuff, find a friend with a scope in case you need to look inside the cylinder. Hopefully just the cheap and easy parts...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts