Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to stop my interior from getting wet when i take my doors and top off in the summer and it rains. I have leather interior and some nice gadgets that i dont want to get wet. And i am looking for something like a cab cover but that i can drive with on, because many go over the windshield and then you can't drive with them on. Does anyone make one or anyone know where i could get one.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but if you drive in the rain with your doors off, your interior is going to get wet. It's just physics, man.

What you need is a cab cover that has clear plastic windows. It would be cool if it had zippers so you could take the windows out also. ;)

In all seriousness just check the weather often and if there is a hint of rain don't take the doors off. I have the Bestop soft doors and they work pretty decent to keep rain out but there will be a few drops inside.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I carry the Bestop 2 piece soft doors with me when I'm door lees. I keep them in the back and throw them on when it starts to rain.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Some tube doors have a cover on them that may cut down on the amount of rain coming in. This is from the Spiderwebshade website. This won't completely solve your problem just help minimize it.

I believe there is an emergency cover that is available that allows the jeep to be driven at slow speeds while it is on but from what I've read it was not recommended to be used for normal road speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
The common driveable Emergency Tops do not cover the doors. BUT I have driven with doors on at speeds up to 70 mph with only minor water entry over the top of the windshield. I have soft top now so don't use it anymore though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts