Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I recently installed a CB in my '15 JKU. Before doing the work, I disconnected the negative terminal of my battery and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. When I finished the work, I connected the battery back up and all seemed fine, but the next day my fiance went to use the GPS and said "It wasn't working". So I took a look and when entering navigation it shows "Can't unlock maps". You click OK and it brings you to a generic map, but it is missing details in side streets, etc and won't route. I have the 430N radio.

My question is has this happened to anyone else? Seems silly that the Nav would lose data just from a battery disconnect. I spoke briefly to a guy at the dealership and he said that they should be able to flash the map data back onto the unit. Anyone that experienced this, can you confirm on how you rectified the issue? Thanks.

~Scott

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just as an update for everyone: I took my Jeep into the dealership today to have them reflash the map data onto the radio/GPS and they were unable to do it. He ordered me a whole new radio. It's covered by warranty, but still kinda a PITA. He did, however, say it was not related to any battery disconnection.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just as an update for everyone: I took my Jeep into the dealership today to have them reflash the map data onto the radio/GPS and they were unable to do it. He ordered me a whole new radio. It's covered by warranty, but still kinda a PITA. He did, however, say it was not related to any battery disconnection.
My 430 had the exact same issue, from what I've read it is a hard drive related issue.. Had mine replaced as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the exact same problem and my battery has never been disconnected. I rarely use the GPS and had the same error and the entire head unit was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Don't that model have a small hard drive ? I think you replace the hard drive with a even larger hard drive ..
Ah, but then you have to install the operating system (which is what?) and then install all the software (where do you get that?).

While 40GB (28 usable) is small when compared to what is in our computers, it is adequate. It might also not be a standard 2.5" SATA drive since it's a specialized application. A similar head unit in my 2008 Chrysler had a 20, but no NAV.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah, but then you have to install the operating system (which is what?) and then install all the software (where do you get that?).

While 40GB (28 usable) is small when compared to what is in our computers, it is adequate. It might also not be a standard 2.5" SATA drive since it's a specialized application. A similar head unit in my 2008 Chrysler had a 20, but no NAV.
Dealership sells the disk , cheaper than replacing the whole unit. It is a standard 2.5 IDE laptop drive . Well mine was IDE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts