Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I have a set of mirrors that go into the hinge when I have the doors off and not running tube doors.
Olympic 4X4 Products 117-124 Safari Mirror, Textured Black

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I've got a set of Quadratec mirrors that go into the hinges. No external brackets to mount.

If you run tube doors or soft door, those won't work, though.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have a set of mirrors that go into the hinge when I have the doors off and not running tube doors.
Olympic 4X4 Products 117-124 Safari Mirror, Textured Black
I use these as well.

They vibrate a bit making things blurry. Sometimes if I'm on the highway going into a stiff wind, they fold back and I have to reset them. This doesn't happen all that often.

But they're cheap, easy to install, and they satisfy the legal requirement for mirrors where I live. I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Same here. A cheap set of mirrors off the door hinges. It takes maybe 5 minutes to put them on.

I've looked for a more permanent answer to the mirrors issue but if you have heated electric mirrors and don't want to lose those features then there really are no options other than temporary mirrors as the doors come off.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
As for the shakiness, yeah, they shake way more than the OEM mirrors, but I've been riding motorcycles both on road and off since I was 12. The hinge mounted mirrors don't shake any more than any street bike mirror I've used. They also whistle, but with the doors and top off, who gives a damn about a little whistling?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
A quick release mirror like this:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/13025_1425.htm

I just do the driver side.

You may want to check, some states have laws where you have to have that side mirror.
This is exactly what I use. Inexpensive and easy to install. The only thing is making sure they are screwed down tight so they don't swing back in the wind. Yes there is vibration but it still makes it legal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I prefer the relocation for the factory mirrors, that way I don't ever have to mess with them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
Same here. A cheap set of mirrors off the door hinges. It takes maybe 5 minutes to put them on.

I've looked for a more permanent answer to the mirrors issue but if you have heated electric mirrors and don't want to lose those features then there really are no options other than temporary mirrors as the doors come off.
Actually this is false. These are on my wish list as soon as I have the spare change...

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...s-11-17-jeep-wrangler-jk-power-heated-mirrors

John

·
Registered
188 Posts
There have been bad reviews on those. They say the spring tensioner gets weak pretty quick. $50 relocation brackets here.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
I picked up a pair of used Harley Davidson side mirrors off ebay. Stems fit in the door hinge and use a nylon lock nut to tighten. They don't vibrate at all. Much more stable than the side mirrors in my trail doors. Got them for less than $20 with shipping a few years back.

Something like these (make sure you get the long threaded stem to extend entirely through the hinge). Mine are black, but if you can't find black, I'd get chrome and plasti-dip them (unless you like chrome).

oem harley davidson mirrors | eBay

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I see this thread came back to life :)

Out of interest, I did a video of my Olympic Safari Mirrors last July and posted it on YouTube. It's 30 seconds long and shows the vibration on the highway at 65 MPH. (As I mentioned in my previous post.. It's not all that bad. I like 'em).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77RG75E99Y

1 - 20 of 21 Posts