Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Taking off my doors for the first time. Driver side came off perfect. But my passenger door will not budge. Any suggestions? The quicker the better

·
Registered
102 Posts
Spray some lubricant in the hinges and if you have something to tap the pin underneath to help loosen it that should work!

·
Registered
858 Posts
2x4 wrapped in a towel along the bottom of the door, hit with a rubber mallet. After you get it out, liberally apply white lithium grease to all the door hinge pins

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the top hinge pin hole. Still trying to figure out how this happened.

ForumRunner_20130717_112005.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and the 2x4 method worked great. thanks everyone! time to go enjoy this weather

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Doesn't look right at all. Can you clean it and take another pic, or is that galled metal?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeep was bought new back in 08. It was my mother's up until a year ago then I inherited it. To me it looks like it was over tightened by factory/dealer

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
WOW. Have you asked your mom if anyone ever took the doors off?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW. Have you asked your mom if anyone ever took the doors off?
i know she had never had the doors off because when she drove it she would drive all highway into the city to goto work. she never took them off of fear of getting stolen in the city. most she took of the jeep was the freedom tops

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so ive determined the reason why my door was always stiff and didnt want to come off. the aluminum bushing, corroded. went to get some new ones and $75 i have new inserts for the hinge. aluminum must be precious to mopar...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts