Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have the Dual Top feature on your JKU? Trying to decide before I order my JKU if I should get the Dual Top or not. Wondering if it's worth the extra money and if it helps in the resale down the road.

·
Registered
341 Posts
How many of you have the Dual Top feature on your JKU? Trying to decide before I order my JKU if I should get the Dual Top or not. Wondering if it's worth the extra money and if it helps in the resale down the road.
There are always four door soft tops for sale cheap on Craigslist around me. Never any two door soft tops for sale. Wish I had the option to pick up a cheap soft top after factory order!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Assuming they are left in usable condition, of course they will increase the resale value down the road.

We chose the freedom hard top only on our Sahara, though. I hate the way the soft tops look - and it's not like I live in California - so I figured if I was desperate enough to buy one later, I could always find one aftermarket. Not gonna happen though.

We will most certainly drive with the doors and the hard top off in the summer, though! :punk:

481 Posts
Where do you live? What are you using the Jeep for?

I have a '12 JKU with the dual top. I like it for the winter in the NE, so do my wife and kids as I have tendency to ride around without windows in the soft top. If you have the space to store, I would suggest the dual top at purchase. This gets you cheap financing and have them under warranty.

Only 21 days till the hard top comes off and the soft top goes back on!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dual top here. I wouldn't have bought one without the hard top. Hard tops are expensive aftermarket, and I wasn't sure if I could get one used at a reasonable price. I was flexible on not having one of these: stereo/nav, soft top or leather, but I was buying off the lot. I figured one of those would be fine to get aftermarket. My last jeep was a TJ w/ a hardtop and aftermarket soft top. The soft top didn't hold up well, but it was on the cheaper end (wasn't a best top).

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Dual tops.:thumb:

Aside form finding a steal on ebay or craigslis, it is the cheapest way to get both tops

·
Registered
76 Posts
It will help resale value. But you probably won't ever want to sell your jeep... lol

it depends on where you live, if it gets cold, you need the hard top, and if it gets warm, you need the soft top. IF I lived in California i wouldn't need either lol, topless all the time :thumb:

In the end its up to you tho, its your money.

Rock on :punk:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Not sure where you live but it is a great feature. I keep the soft top on from spring to fall then put on the hard top for winter. I actually insulated the inside of the hard top since it gets cold here in the winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with factory dual because of so many tops leaks. I don't worry about dealer warranty issues.

I really like having both tops

·
Registered
107 Posts
Will the soft top from a 07 JKU fit a 12 JKU Rubicon?

I have a 07 Sahara and an upgrading to the 12 Rubicon. I'm assuming the soft top will fit. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dual top...surfed craigsllist for soft top when I was shopping and it was cheaper to buy dual top at sale. Yes, could've surf craigslist but didn't want to bother. No regrets.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts