Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a used 2018 jku hardtop. I busted out the back glass and my wiper and wiring hose needs to be redone. The rest of the top is in great shape. Does anyone now what part I would have to get to rewire the windshield wipers? I don’t think I need the entire wiring harness. I have the wiper motor and stuff. Just need the wiper hose and the cord to plug into the wiper motor. If I were to decide to sell the top what do you who I a fair price would be?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Price out replacement glass and deduct that from what you think a fair price for a hardtop is. That's what anyone looking at your ad is going to do. I think hardtop prices vary by region and season, but anywhere from $1000 to $1500 is probably in the ballpark for what people are paying. Look through Craigslist and forum listings.

For the wiring, you should just be able to splice in wire to repair whatever is damaged. If you don't have the connector anymore then you can order a replacement or rewire it with another connector with the proper number of pins.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Hard to sell a busted hardtop. People don't usually want to deal with fixing them. Best bet is to call some auto glass people and get a quote. If it's reasonable, fix it and post the complete/fixed hardtop for sale.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
The wiper hose can be ordered through a dealer, it's not that expensive all things considered.

The harness could be more complex. If the harness wiring was damaged and ripped, it's easier to patch it and rebuild the harness than try a replace it. The harness for that is not a stand alone harness - it's built into the entire harness up at the dash.

If you don't have factory wiring, it's honestly easier to not worry about any of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The harness is fine I think. Its just one electrical cord and the washer hose. I have the entire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts