Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is turning out to be more difficult than I thought. Got a 2013 JKU Sport Unlimited, stock alum. wheel & 255- 17 Goodyear Wrangler Radial Spare tire . So , far Olympic Products 903-404 Deluxe Receiver Rack seems to POTENTIALLY be the best for several reasons:

Z-Adapter which slides into receiver platform, bends down on a 45 degree angle to clear the spare tire and extends out far enough to allow one to open the tailgate( empty rack required), slide in between rack and rear bumper to access what's inside the rear cargo area of JK/JKU.

What is holding me up from spending $230 is that I might have another interference problem.
My spare mounted Thule Bike Rack, when loaded with two adult sized mountain bikes , may potentially interfere with the cargo carrier because the bicycle wheels hang quite low. In other words, I wonder if the bicycle tires will leave any room to load up the basket ??

If anyone has had success with the setup I'm describing, please post and include a couple of pictures with the bikes mounted on the Thule Spare Tire Rack and the Olympic Products Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier.

Many Thanks !

·
Registered
5 Posts
which rack did you end up getting? I'm having the problem now of figuring out the right one to get for my 2013 JK 4 door. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts