Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Newer to the community and never posted before but on a return trip from Moab this past weekend I had a couple of incidences of loss of pedal response and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. So the situation was going uphill on a long grade to approx. 7,000', Jeep is of course revving high, taking awhile to shift etc. (normal) and right after it shifts (doing around 75 at this point and 5500rpms) the pedal no longer will input throttle to the engine. I could totally depress the pedal all the way to the floor and nothing...Jeep would start to decelerate to around 60 mph (and I'm thinking wtf?), where something would happen and it'd engage again, it'd shift, pedal would work again and I'd continue on my way. This happened a few times traveling through the pass to get back to the 15 on the 70 out of Moab. It has also happened to me a few times in the desert, soft sand, trying to do a few donuts when the pedal just would not input any more throttle to the engine resulting in a pretty piss poor display of Jeeptosterone! Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2016 JKU HR
37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers
5:13
Superchips Tuned (91 octane/most recent incident)
K&N CAI

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Did you look at your temp gauge or coolant temp in the EVIC? What you are describing happens when the coolant temp reaches 250*. If you were driving it hard up the passes without paying attention to your temps, that's likely the cause.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
103,209 Posts
did you look at your temp gauge or coolant temp in the evic? What you are describing happens when the coolant temp reaches 250*. If you were driving it hard up the passes without paying attention to your temps, that's likely the cause.

Mark

sent from my sm-g935v using tapatalk
x2..

Reactions: BillyHW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you look at your temp gauge or coolant temp in the EVIC? What you are describing happens when the coolant temp reaches 250*. If you were driving it hard up the passes without paying attention to your temps, that's likely the cause.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks. Sounds exactly right. Temp always climbs up on those long climbs uphill, had no idea that feature was designed into the system. Makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
39 Posts
So is there a fix or need for concern as I've had this same problem on my 2015 JKU. I recently replaced my torque converter because of a p0741 code and this was happening.

·
Registered
39 Posts
is there a concern or help for the high temp of the coolant? is This normal? Can I fix this or add another cooler?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Still a problem, I trust?

The easiest thing to do is simply flip on the heater when it passes 240*. That'll stop the rise. You can also swap in a bigger (thicker, as that's all that will fit) radiator and tune the fan start temp down with HP Tuners. You'll still be flipping on the heater if you run the speed limit up CO'S tallest passes.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Still a problem, I trust?

The easiest thing to do is simply flip on the heater when it passes 240*. That'll stop the rise. You can also swap in a bigger (thicker, as that's all that will fit) radiator and tune the fan start temp down with HP Tuners. You'll still be flipping on the heater if you run the speed limit up CO'S tallest passes.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Yes, The other day I drove for about 30 minutes in stop and go traffic and when going up hill a hill it started losing power but I didn’t think to check the oil temp. I may need to flush flush the tranny which I thought they did when installing the torque converter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts