Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchase a 2013 Sahara 4 dr automatic

Getting ready to order a 3.5 lift. Purchased 18"x9" Wheels and 35x12.50 tires what else is needed to complete?

Steering Stabilizer
Exhaust Extensions
Front Adjustable track bar
Programmer
ETC??

Thank you!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably going with the RC. Had it on the TJ with not issues.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
Probably going with the RC. Had it on the TJ with not issues.
JK and TJ are quite different when it comes to lifts... The RC lifts are horrible for the JK.

This is the ONLY one that has any positive reviews:

3.5in Suspension Lift Kit for 07-15 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited [609S] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

It's still cheap with cheap shocks, etc... However, it does come with caster correction and the rest of the appropriate parts to put it together.

You need exhaust spacers for a '13.
You need a programmer for the tire size.

You could add a steering stabilizer, but it's not needed.
You could add an adjustable track bar, but that kit has a front bracket so it's not needed.

I would add a grade 8 bolt kit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before and after pics.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added the RE relocate steering stabilizer, Adjustable track bar instead of dropped pitman arm and relocate track bar bracket.

Superchips Flashpaq Works wonders fixed the throttle lag and the thing has come alive.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
There you go! How about a ride report? What do you like or don't like? How was the installation, did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Install was pretty simple maybe 4 hours with the help from my son. I am not new to suspension work.

Ride is good. A little softer than stock. Do not like how they use the rear sway bar links for the front. Not a huge issue since they will be replaced with QD links soon. Alignment was really close after install. He said rear was dead on straight. Went on a 22 mile offroad trip last weekend and the jeep worked excellent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts