Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently just had the aev 2.5 lift with pintlers Duratrac 315/70 R17 installed and also a regear to 4.56 ( auto ). Love everything about it. It was my understanding that with these rims you would not need spacers. The shop installed 1.5 spidertrax because they said it was rubbing. I am asking if anyone has successfully ran this setup without the spacers. I think I'm going to pull them off tomorrow and check for myself if there is any clearance issues. Anyway here are some before and after pics.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
What did they say it was rubbing on, the air dam?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said that, which I know I can trim or just remove. Then the one tech said it was hitting everything on the inside ( don't ask me what that means, guessing the frame or something ). I'm kind of thinking they were just looking to make a few dollars off the spacers.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I run the Teraflex 2 1/2 lift with 35's with pintlers with no spacers. Never had any issues with rubbing except the plastic air dam in front bumper. They couldn't tell u exactly what was rubbing?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run the Teraflex 2 1/2 lift with 35's with pintlers with no spacers. Never had any issues with rubbing except the plastic air dam in front bumper. They couldn't tell u exactly what was rubbing?
The guy said it was rubbing on several components on the inside when turning. Might of said the front bumper also. Not really believing what they are telling me. I think they may of just put them on to make a little extra off the parts. Anyway I'm gonna try and take them off tomorrow when I get out of work and see for myself. Kinda pissed at the shop also. When I got home I found the steering stabilizer bolt barley hanging on with no nut. Now I'very gotta go over everything because I don't know what else might of been loose. I understand mistakes happen but now my mind will be messing with me until I can check it over myself. Thanks

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
It's possible the tires were rubbing on suspension parts if your front axle was not centered. Are you running a front adj track bar?

·
Super Moderator
10,639 Posts
315 seems too wide to clear with the Pintlers. Those wheels only have 5.2 bs.

I have 285/70-17 tires on Savegre wheels with the same 5.2 backspacing, and they BARELY clear.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
315 seems too wide to clear with the Pintlers. Those wheels only have 5.2 bs.

I have 285/70-17 tires on Savegre wheels with the same 5.2 backspacing, and they BARELY clear.
Every Jeep that is built by my dealer was the 315 size with Savegres. They don't rub on the trails from the ones they've brought out. My buddy also bought a built Jeep from them and he's never complained about rubbing. My guess is the shop may have not centered your track bar? Maybe?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's possible the tires were rubbing on suspension parts if your front axle was not centered. Are you running a front adj track bar?
No front track bar. According to AEV it's not necessary with the 2.5 kit that was installed. I'm pretty sure there is no adjustments to be made without an aftermarket track bar, correct?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm running 315/70/17 Duratracs on Pintlers with the AEV leveling kit without any rubbing, although I did remove the front airdam. I added 1.5" spacers to mine for looks only and I ended up taking them off after a week. The tires stuck out so far that they were throwing rain and mud onto the windshield.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Pintler with 315 DT here and no rubbing, but I also have the TF track bar so the axle is centered which I believe is necessary in order to avoid rubbing the Sway Bars at full turn/flex. If the axle is only off a little the 315 will probably hit one side sway bar. If you don’t have an adjustable track bar, maybe adjusting the steering stops is a work around, not sure about that. Either way, spacers should not be needed. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pintler with 315 DT here and no rubbing, but I also have the TF track bar so the axle is centered which I believe is necessary in order to avoid rubbing the Sway Bars at full turn/flex. If the axle is only off a little the 315 will probably hit one side sway bar. If you don’t have an adjustable track bar, maybe adjusting the steering stops is a work around, not sure about that. Either way, spacers should not be needed. Good luck!
You still have the air dam on? I have a '15 Hard Rock I'm getting ready to start modding and am looking at 2.5" AEV with Savegres and 315 Duratracs. I keep wondering about the backspacing since the steel dam on the HR would be more involved to trim than plastic.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Who cares, it looks awesome how it sits now. If you sink that back in that 1.5 inches it's gonna look weak.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You still have the air dam on? I have a '15 Hard Rock I'm getting ready to start modding and am looking at 2.5" AEV with Savegres and 315 Duratracs. I keep wondering about the backspacing since the steel dam on the HR would be more involved to trim than plastic.

Thanks,
Ryan
No changes at all, just fits!

·
Super Moderator
10,639 Posts
Every Jeep that is built by my dealer was the 315 size with Savegres. They don't rub on the trails from the ones they've brought out. My buddy also bought a built Jeep from them and he's never complained about rubbing. My guess is the shop may have not centered your track bar? Maybe?
315 tires on 5.2 bs wheels and no spacers will rub at full articulation, especially with the sway bar disconnected.

If they haven't encountered rubbing with those specs, chances are they haven't fully articulated those Jeeps, or they trimmed the fenders and the air dam.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok guys. Thanks for all the input. Put the jeep on the lift today and removed all the spacers. I had to put a very thin nut on the steering stops to avoid a slight rub on the passenger side frame/ control arm. I am actually back at the shop now that did the install and I am being refunded the 200 for the spacers. On top of that the owner was very upset about the stabilizer bar bolt not being fastened and he is throwing in a free rubicon express adjustable trackbar ( front ) and installing for free. Anyway the tires did not even touch the air shield without the spacers. So all is good. Thanks for all the replies and help.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You still have the air dam on? I have a '15 Hard Rock I'm getting ready to start modding and am looking at 2.5" AEV with Savegres and 315 Duratracs. I keep wondering about the backspacing since the steel dam on the HR would be more involved to trim than plastic. Thanks, Ryan
I'm running 2.5 teraflex and I had the 10 a bumper with air dam on with pintlers and had no rub at all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts