Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I never have anyone in the back and felt like taking the rear seats out. Plus, my dog appreciates the space without having to worry about getting her paws stuck in between the folding seat. Obviously, the problem (if you call it that) now is is the fact the floor dips down. I saw a $450 option by a small company, but I really thought it was a ripoff.

Short of a custom fab, has anyone seen any rear seat delete options on the market?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would just cut a piece of wood out to fit over the rear folded eats. You can cover with carpet that matches the stuff in the back of the jeep which will match, cover up the holes and be easy to remove invade you do have passengers.

If it's something you can't do I am sure any car audio shop could do it, they should have the carpet in stock and be a easy job for them

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would just cut a piece of wood out to fit over the rear folded eats. You can cover with carpet that matches the stuff in the back of the jeep which will match, cover up the holes and be easy to remove invade you do have passengers.

If it's something you can't do I am sure any car audio shop could do it, they should have the carpet in stock and be a easy job for them
This also would maintain a more flat surface. If you remove the rear seating there will be a "dip" from rear cargo area to where seat is.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, I thought about doing this. Probably the route I will take. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,031 Posts

I just did the easy thing. got a piece of heavy cardboard and slapped some auto trunk liner on it. it is surprisingly strong. I originally was just going to use it as a template for some plywood but 2 years later still using the cardboard. light and simple to remove when I want extra space for gear like when I did the rubicon trail.

·
Registered
336 Posts
http://www.extremeterrain.com/dirtydog-4x4-trench-cover-jk-dd-t-jku-07.html

I bought a trench cover. Even if you don't use the back seats, filling in the space with whatever - unless you build in shelves/drawers - doesn't do anything for storage space. This trench cover works great for our 2 dogs, and still leaves the back seat useable, even tho we also very rarely use it as a seat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I went with the Canvasback cargo liner. It holds strong enough over the trench to where I don't think my 85lb lab will push through it. Held on by velcro. Not the best picture of the liner itself but you get the idea. Covers the entire cargo area and goes up the backs of the seats. Stays on when you need the seat folded up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts