Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so pumped to get the Ohio Diesel rear seat recline kit. Got all things ready and loose and when I went to install the 3rd of 3 lower back spacers behind the seat, the holes would not align up anywhere close. They are like almost a half inch off. Without the kit the holes line up at there furthest tolerance with no wiggle room to start with. When you place the spacers in and it changes the geomotry of the bolt angle and hole alignment, that last hole is not even close. Darn it all. This is frustrating because no matter how much I push and try to align holes I cannot get it to where it needs to go. I even tried to start with that one first and do the first two as the 2nd and third in sequence. I have loosened up all of the far rear back bolts as much as I can as well. Has anyone else had this issue with the seat recline spacer kit. I have a 10 hour trip coming up in a week with back passengers and I already told them I was going to make it more comfortable. I don't want to eat crow.

HELP!!!!!!! :censored: :pullinghair: :pcwhack:

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
I was so pumped to get the Ohio Diesel rear seat recline kit. Got all things ready and loose and when I went to install the 3rd of 3 lower back spacers behind the seat, the holes would not align up anywhere close. They are like almost a half inch off. Without the kit the holes line up at there furthest tolerance with no wiggle room to start with. When you place the spacers in and it changes the geomotry of the bolt angle and hole alignment, that last hole is not even close. Darn it all. This is frustrating because no matter how much I push and try to align holes I cannot get it to where it needs to go. I even tried to start with that one first and do the first two as the 2nd and third in sequence. I have loosened up all of the far rear back bolts as much as I can as well. Has anyone else had this issue with the seat recline spacer kit. I have a 10 hour trip coming up in a week with back passengers and I already told them I was going to make it more comfortable. I don't want to eat crow.

HELP!!!!!!! :censored: :pullinghair: :pcwhack:
Did you do the front spacers? If I remember correctly the kit I used had you do the back the the front.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did do the back rear spacers first. Those were the ones which had the alignment issue only on the third one of the three of them. My father in law had a metal shaving bit I added to my heavy duty drill. I was able to grind out the bracket holes to jut get that extra 3/16 of an inch more to make the third hole align properly. We removed my rear seat all of the way and brought it into the garage to grind out the seat bracket holes larger. That did the trick. I doubt people had to do this and this was just a rare occasion where the holes in the seat brackets were off just off enough.

Originally I didn't want to have to drill/grind out bigger holes in the seat brackets but the geometry of the hole alignment gave me no other choice but to do so.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I used the spacer kit from Amazon (not sure if that matters). I installed the front spacers first then did the rear spacers, I did not have to do anything special to install the kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the kit from Ohio Diesel. (Not that it is their fault, it's just a geometry issue) I remember it being a pain but we got it aligned eventually. Don't really remember what we did, it just eventually magically lined up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had same kit and same issue. To get mine to align, I cut out the holes in the rear seat bolts (ones behind the seats with studs) and turned them into slots. This allowed me to align the spacers with the holes for the bolts under the seats, and then tighten the nuts onto the studs behind the seats in the new slots.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had same kit and same issue. To get mine to align, I cut out the holes in the rear seat bolts (ones behind the seats with studs) and turned them into slots. This allowed me to align the spacers with the holes for the bolts under the seats, and then tighten the nuts onto the studs behind the seats in the new slots.
Thanks GP64. I ended up doing exact same thing as you. I had a grinding/deburring metal bit I put on my heavy duty drill and extended the hole into a longer slot for those back seat bolts. That allowed the seat brackets to move forward for the bracket holes to align much better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
I got the kit from Ohio Diesel. (Not that it is their fault, it's just a geometry issue) I remember it being a pain but we got it aligned eventually. Don't really remember what we did, it just eventually magically lined up.
I got the same kit and everything fit perfectly on my '17 JKUWW...no issues at all....strange....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Observations:
Remove the front bolts first for easier access to the rears by lifting the seats.
When putting in the blocks start with the rear bolts, I started with the middle rear; no issues with fit/alignment. Was able to fully tighten the three rears and then move to the front ones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed the Warpig recliner kit and had no alignment issues for anyone who wants the mod but hasn't pulled the trigger yet. I did paint the spacers black before the install, they come from the vendor unpainted and I wanted a factory look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts