Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked on flat driveway, my 2017 JKU Recon measures different heights from ground to wheel arch (measured at the center of the wheel) with the lowest at the passenger rear and highest at passenger front. This difference is about 3/4inch. Driver side seems closest to even and 1/4" higher than that low spot at passenger rear. Could be new springs yet to settle? Ive had coil spring suspensions on Land Rovers in the past and understand spring rates and flex.

Is it common for there to be as much difference in resting height, assuming flat terrain, for JKUs?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Wrangler. In my experience, this is perfectly normal and often referred to as the "Jeep lean".

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
Yep, JK lean. It happens on some Jeeps no matter what trim package or springs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Wrangler. In my experience, this is perfectly normal and often referred to as the "Jeep lean".

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
If its a normal thing, fine, good to know, moving along with adding a winch anyway. My experience a decade ago of changing and tweaking coil spring suspensions on LR Discos and Defenders made me wonder about this being some kind of anomaly.

Thanks for the input and I welcome more.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
If its a normal thing, fine, good to know, moving along with adding a winch anyway. My experience a decade ago of changing and tweaking coil spring suspensions on LR Discos and Defenders made me wonder about this being some kind of anomaly.

Thanks for the input and I welcome more.
Once you get to a point where you aren't adding more weight, etc. you can fine tune with small spacers to balance it out if it bothers you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts