Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a soft for my 2011 jku and I'm having trouble getting it to fit properly. I've searched the forum, but it's hard to search for something that I can't describe. I've posted some pictures below. Any advice?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are you having a hard time getting it to stretch? Or have you not placed the plastic pieces into the slot over the door frames? If it is new place it in the to allow it to expand. It should be above 70° outside especially for a new install.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I'm with Smitty. We need a better explanation. Maybe a pic of the front end and back end. Or a complete image of the top pic. The one shot is not telling alot.

Bob K.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Do you have the 4 plastic door surrounds on? Also be sure the center latches are latched on the frame, over the back door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Door surrounds are on, but he gave me the wrong ones. I replaced them and the fit is good. The top is a lot louder than my hard top. I found a guy who's willing to sell me his 2014 premium top with door surrounds for $700 in the box. Does anybody know if the premium top is a huge upgrade in durability and sound dampening? Will the 2014 top and door surrounds fit my 2011?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Door surrounds are on, but he gave me the wrong ones. I replaced them and the fit is good. The top is a lot louder than my hard top. I found a guy who's willing to sell me his 2014 premium top with door surrounds for $700 in the box. Does anybody know if the premium top is a huge upgrade in durability and sound dampening? Will the 2014 top and door surrounds fit my 2011?
Having had both, the premium top is a huge upgrade for both quality and sound levels. This one is the closest to hardtop of any I have had. The spring assist also helps with lowering and raising the top as well, I really like it.

The surrounds will fit your Jeep and you'll need them to go with the top.

If you pull the trigger, make sure to get the roll bar brackets as well since the brackets changed in 2013 to accommodate the spring assist mechanism, and your current brackets won't work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Depends how much of an improvement you're looking for. The premium soft top still lets lots of ambient sound in - if you want to block outside noise you need a hard top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody. I have a hard top already. (It's hard to find a soft top stock from a dealership here in Alaska. I bought a used soft top because it's only really an option from mid-May through August here. I wasn't sure if I could justify the cost for a premium top when there are other mods I'd still like to do (new bumpers, 10th anniversary hood, etc.).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts