Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone knows or has the experience with this, however I'll ask it. The only stupid question is the one not asked, right?

I have a 2017 JKU Sport dual top, no tow pkg. Here's my question.
I have the opportunity to acquire front and rear springs and shocks from a 2017 Rubicon Recon 4door. Does anyone know if it will fit, and will I have any issues or anticipate any issues?
I can't seem to find if the track bar is the same, end links, etc. I know the axles are different, the only thing I thought of is, maybe the perch on the axle is different causing them to use different springs. The numbers off the front and rear shocks are: 68196006AA and 68024461AA
I know I'll get some lift to it, but I can't seem to find if any of the other components are different.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You'll be fine. Look at it this way. The same lift kit and replacement springs that work on your Sport work on a Recon.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll be fine. Look at it this way. The same lift kit and replacement springs that work on your Sport work on a Recon.

That's what I thought, but with the Recon having different axles and a higher stance, I didn't want to have anything else out of excessive operational angles. Was wondering if anyone had access or pics of the part number schematics where I could compare if they were indeed the same or completely different parts.

·
Registered
443 Posts
How much lift would the Recon springs give? 1"?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They advertise 1/2" over a standard Rubicon. Print them on a Sport, I'd expect an inch or so depending on how old your current springs are.

Thanks. They're not old at all. Not sure which route I'm gonna take, still undecided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts