Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for people's experiences with JKU tailgate organizers. I've had the Quadratec shelf with 50cal box for about a year. Looks great, super solid, just rattles beyond belief...

Anyone have any good experiences with any of the following?

My current one (Quadratec) - http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=12226+3000+07

Springtail Solutions - https://store-springtailsolutions-com.3dcartstores.com/mobile/JK-Rear-Door-Folding-TrayMOLLE-Panel_p_28.html

Best Top - Bestop 54136-35 RoughRider Black Diamond Tailgate Organizer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009EVP6QO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_NxSuwb2KYAB3T

Smitty Built - Smittybilt 5662301 G.E.A.R. Black Tailgate Cover for Jeep Wrangler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CG9QFY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_lySuwbK4BPV7X

Are there others that I missed??

·
Premium Member
310 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have the Bestop set. No issues at all. Holds all the items I need at the moment.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome - thanks!

Going to try and make it. We'll be in Williams in the morning for polar express. Hope were able to get home in time for me and my boys to come.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
The springtail system is great except for the mounting system. It mounts with little plastic clips and screws that wear out over time. I have had 2 pop out in the month I have had mine installed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Springtail solutions setup with Molle Packs. It's awesome. I have the small/large combo and then hang my hi lift wheel jack adapter in between so it doesn't rattle.
Sweet - have a pic?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The springtail system is great except for the mounting system. It mounts with little plastic clips and screws that wear out over time. I have had 2 pop out in the month I have had mine installed.
It seems like this is the downfall of all kits I've seen. My Quadratec shelf / box is fantastic from a built standpoint. It just rattles like crap because of a poor approach to mounting and sound dampening. All of my lower mounts broke off the first or second time I went down a washboard road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the springtail as well, agree with all the above points. One additional thing to consider is the depth - the springtail is shallow enough you can close the tailgate when the back is full of equipment, etc. with no dramas. The quadratec you need to leave more space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also installed a spring tail. I love it and I understand the design was for easy installation without having to do any modifications to the rear tailgate but I do agree with others. The clips are a little flimsy, my solution was 4 self tap screw. Holds 30 pounds and possibly even a little more but it will definitely work for my tailgating and camping needs. I have Molle bags, multi tool, a flash light and a SOG tomahawk strapped to it. No complaints after almost a year of use.

·
Premium Member
5,669 Posts
Another popular tailgate storage option is from a seller from EBay, alanjk427. There are multiple threads about his tailgate table and other products of his. I've owned his table for 2 1/2 years and have been happy with it. He will do custom engraving at a nominal cost as well.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/fantastic-gear-storage-option-186396-14.html
Thanks - looks like he has all sorts of good stuff!
Like ATX14, I've been using mine from Alan for awhile -- about a year and a half now. Mine has WILLYS cut-out along the top, but that's of no consequence. The materials and workmanship are great. I don't lower it into a table very often -- maybe twice a year -- but when I do it works perfectly. Holds molle bags great. Allows me to keep raingear and sundry small items like deflator, guage, spare valve cores, gloves, bungees, hitch pin, etc. back there out of the way but readily accessible.

By the way, I started with the Shittybilt fabric panel. Horrible! But the bags for that system are what I've been using on the AlanJK panel and they work just fine.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Looking for people's experiences with JKU tailgate organizers. I've had the Quadratec shelf with 50cal box for about a year. Looks great, super solid, just rattles beyond belief...
Have you thought of using 3M moulding double-sided tape? Next to duct tape, it is my fix-all. You can do full strips or cut squares put every few inches where metal to metal contact is. But do it when the metal is above 70, once done, you will have a dickens of a time to try to get it off.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you thought of using 3M moulding double-sided tape? Next to duct tape, it is my fix-all. You can do full strips or cut squares put every few inches where metal to metal contact is. But do it when the metal is above 70, once done, you will have a dickens of a time to try to get it off.
No, I haven't tried that. I did try a number of new fastener types, including wall anchors (not sure why i thought that would work...). I've already taken the Quadratec off - may give this a go, although I like the idea of being able to remove bags and recover nearly all the space. Decisions....

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
I just ordered one of those (without the ammo box) 10 minutes ago for a wifey Christmas present. It was one of several things she pointed out in the Quadratec catalog. I'll make sure we have plenty of double-sided tape. :)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
No, I haven't tried that. I did try a number of new fastener types, including wall anchors (not sure why i thought that would work...). I've already taken the Quadratec off - may give this a go, although I like the idea of being able to remove bags and recover nearly all the space. Decisions....
I just ordered one of those (without the ammo box) 10 minutes ago for a wifey Christmas present. It was one of several things she pointed out in the Quadratec catalog. I'll make sure we have plenty of double-sided tape. :)
Just make sure it is the Auto MOLDING tape, not MOUNTING tape. I have used the molding tape in the office to mount a radio set bracket and about 2 years later it took a prybar to removed the bracket. I tried the mounting tape, it is ok but no where near as strong. I usually get mine at WallyWorld, it comes in a couple of widths

GOOD

BAD

1 - 20 of 30 Posts