Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am about to take delivery of y new JKU Tank and I am going to order a set of the American flag decals in the reflective black for the sides. However the big question is, I want to order a windshield decal for the top of the shield and am trying to figure out what color would be best. Pixel decals has a forest green but I'm not sure that it will match right. Any thoughts?

Will black just blend in? What about the reflective black or reflective white? Anyone have some thoughts or pictures????

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was going to order my flags and rubicon fender stickers in black or reflective black, but changed my mind and went light tan. My first Jk was Sahara tan. the stickers also match our trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
The darker the color the harder it is for people outside the jeep to see.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I think I'd go with the reflective black.

Mike has the reflective black stickers on his Billet, and in certain lighting they almost disappear into the background. But then when you turn your head a little, or the clouds part, all of a sudden they seem to light up! I think it's a cool effect. :)

I think you'd get the same thing on Tank.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was going to order my flags and rubicon fender stickers in black or reflective black, but changed my mind and went light tan. My first Jk was Sahara tan. the stickers also match our trailer.

Off topic I know, but...

How much tall does your Jeep stand with lift, tires and Gobi stealth rack? Trying to figure our if I can get mine in the garage if I do a 2" lift on stock Willys wheels / tires and a Gobi stealth rack.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Star, you make a great point! I wish someone had pics because that light tan is bad ass and if I can get the light tan for the flags and my windshield decal, id be all sorts of happy...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'd go with the reflective black.

Mike has the reflective black stickers on his Billet, and in certain lighting they almost disappear into the background. But then when you turn your head a little, or the clouds part, all of a sudden they seem to light up! I think it's a cool effect. :)

I think you'd get the same thing on Tank.
Can you have him take a picture??

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Can you have him take a picture??
Here's some pictures of them lit up:

I don't have any pictures of them blended into the background on my iPad though. I'll try to get one for you tonight. If I forget, send me a PM to remind me. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
My wife has a Commando green Jeep and she has the reflective black hood stickers, flags and another sticker on the window. It is pretty neat to see them light up. Sorry dont have any pictures.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife has a Commando green Jeep and she has the reflective black hood stickers, flags and another sticker on the window. It is pretty neat to see them light up. Sorry dont have any pictures.
Im going with the tan. Looks like we will have a little bit of a matching jeep! Thanks for the pics and the response. The Tank looks bad ass with the tan so we are going with it.

The name of my Tank will be Sgt. Dozer and this is what is going on my Windshield. This is a shout out to the brother of Tank, a character in the Matrix if you all remember, whose name is Dozer and Dozer has to have a title that goes with my tank so why not Sargent!

Now lets bulldozer over some S :censored:T!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I went with flat/matte black invasion stars (I've only installed one of four thus far) as well as matte flags. Matches most of the matte already on the Jeep and I didn't want it to be too obtrusive or glaring.... CG

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where are you ordering the decals from? I love the Tan ones for the Tank

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks! I'm placing an order now :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
^^^ Don at PD is great. Takes a while to get the job done, but it is TOP NOTCH. Heck, once, he even called me to get more details on my order. CG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts