Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I recently installed a third seat in my 2015 JKU. I used a seat from a JK. I know many of you are against them but this was my choice and I decided to do so. Please keep the hate comments away. I also installed an additional roll bar over the rear for added protection.

Here is my question, does anyone have suggestions for seat belts? What are people using? I wanted to find belts that would click into the buckles already on the seat, essentially just do lap belts. Thanks in advance for any help that may come.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wouldn't do just lap belts, jmho. I did the cobreau three point harness with clips. I am going to hook in d rings on the floor for the top strap and use the latch system for the side clips until I figure out something better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured I'd drop in a quick pic of finished belts installed. I'll take more of all mounting points etc. but everything worked out great. I was able to pick up the rear belts from a jk for $10, score!!!

image-3035470532.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the process of doing the same thing. JK rear seats as a third row in the JKU. My biggest question / concern is the mounting points for the 3 point seat belt. Could you share how you mounted the retractor and the upper shoulder portion to the roll bar?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey guys. I recently installed a third seat in my 2015 JKU. I used a seat from a JK. I know many of you are against them but this was my choice and I decided to do so. Please keep the hate comments away. I also installed an additional roll bar over the rear for added protection.

Here is my question, does anyone have suggestions for seat belts? What are people using? I wanted to find belts that would click into the buckles already on the seat, essentially just do lap belts. Thanks in advance for any help that may come.
LOl not a little sensitive about it are you? J/K, I bought a 3rd row and installed it, it was custom built. I like having an 8 passenger JKU and yes I have gotten the "you suck you turned your JKU into a minivan!!! blah blah blah".

As others have mentioned you REALLY need shoulder belts. The space between the seats is not enough with the 3rd row to prevent some serious head trauma in a wreck. The seats I bought have shoulder belts, they are mounted to the back/bottom frame on the seat with a huge freaking lag bolt and it has some serious support in there for that. My Trailblazer has a shoulder strap that retracts into the seat so I imagine it is mounted internally in a similar fashion. Not sure if the seat you have has the superstructure to support that. If not, you might could mount a shoulder to the floor in the back run it right through the bed and bolt it into the frame.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
My biggest question / concern is the mounting points for the 3 point seat belt.
I can't find the pic I am thinking of, but this one is close enough. Basically, one extends the roll bar to create attachment points for the shoulder belt. It also provides some roll-over protection for the third seat row.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there anyway you can post pictures of the seat belts mounted and a description of how and where you did it please? I need to mount these this weekend and could use the help, thanks !

·
Retired Moderator
100,609 Posts
Is there anyway you can post pictures of the seat belts mounted and a description of how and where you did it please? I need to mount these this weekend and could use the help, thanks !
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
LOl not a little sensitive about it are you? J/K, I bought a 3rd row and installed it, it was custom built. I like having an 8 passenger JKU and yes I have gotten the "you suck you turned your JKU into a minivan!!! blah blah blah".

As others have mentioned you REALLY need shoulder belts. The space between the seats is not enough with the 3rd row to prevent some serious head trauma in a wreck. The seats I bought have shoulder belts, they are mounted to the back/bottom frame on the seat with a huge freaking lag bolt and it has some serious support in there for that. My Trailblazer has a shoulder strap that retracts into the seat so I imagine it is mounted internally in a similar fashion. Not sure if the seat you have has the superstructure to support that. If not, you might could mount a shoulder to the floor in the back run it right through the bed and bolt it into the frame.
gouranga56, hi, I know this was a while back but you mention a custom built 3rd row bench for your JKU, where did you have it built and can you post picture?

·
Registered
507 Posts
gouranga56, hi, I know this was a while back but you mention a custom built 3rd row bench for your JKU, where did you have it built and can you post picture?
Hey Patrick, It was from a company called LittlePassengerSeats I am not sure if they are still in business or not. I know I posted pics a while back, let me see if I can find some

I put them in backwards at first but it made me way too nervous so I flipped them around to face forward

Attachments

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Hi gouranga56 (sorry, couldn't find your actual name). Thanks for re-posting the picture. I actually came across it when I was search around on the interweb. Yes, it seems as if LittlePassengerSeats is indeed out of business.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts