Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking delivery of my 13 JKU Sport in a few days. It has the butt ugly 16 inch wheels so obviously those need to come off. IMMEDIATELY!

My needs are pretty simple and the wheeling I do is light to moderate. I got the JKU with the max tow package 3.73 gears because I do plan on towing a travel trailer from time to time. Nothing large and mostly local camping with a few longer trips here and there.

The JKU will also most likely become my DD. I commute about 22 miles each way so not a real long distance but I want to keep gas milage and maintenance issues under reasonable control.

I'm trying to put together a mix of decent gas milage (so called), drivability, wheeling and looks.

Given towing and such I'm thinking 33's would probably be a better choice over 35's although everyone knows 35's look better.

I guess 33's and a 2.5 spring lift would be the way to go especially if I'm also going to add bumpers and a winch.

My only issue with that is then the tires tend to look a bit smallish. I'm used to the good ol 33x12.5x15 Duratracs and 15 inch wheels on my former TJ. Simple. All this metric stuff and the zillions of tire sizes and choices, backspacing blah blah blah confuses the hell out of me.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts