Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the worst expereience I have ever had. I ordered my jku trektop nx in june..I was told by this company and two different sales liars that they have been receiving trucks with 30 at a time to fill over 100 preorders and bestop just sends what they want which to me is fine because there are a lot of companies waiting to fill orders. My dilemna is that I've been strung along and told mine is def shipping out by today the latest. I called and spoke to a third guy who now says they haven't even received one single top yet and that there are only 14 preorders not over one hundred like I was previously told...has anyone even received a jku trektop nx yet and if so, who is all caught up with preorders so I can cancel and reorder

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
To be honest, this has to be the worst experience that I have ever had with a company. There is one thing to have quality issue that they want to correct and to string people along as they have. I am so frustrated at the fact that I won't have my top for my Jeep trip this week. If any company would make even a half way quality of a top, I would buy from them in a heart beat. I have been debating on even writing the BBB over this. It is down right ridiculous. Especially since the 2dr NX came in two weeks ago and still hasn't been shipped to many retailers so they can get it out to their customers

·
Banned
916 Posts
I thought about getting one of the TrekTops until I heard about the absolutely inexcusable delivery times. If I were to tell one of my customers that my delivery time was two freaking months...they would laugh all the way to the next machine shop.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I wish two months. I bought mine 5 months ago and still haven't got it. I don't blame the retailer either. They get the same bs as everyone else. I am hoping to ge mine next week but a little late for my Jeep trip. I hope next week though. Might be able to get it for my Daytona Beach vacation in a few weeks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This has been a PR disaster for Bestop, and I'm sure they and their retailers are sick of hearing from irate customers. Definitely makes a case for buying from retailers that don't charge your credit card for your order until the order ships. Hopefully, Bestop has learned from the experience.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I ordered mine back in June knowing about the delivery problems. I got an e-mail from Quadratec on Tuesday saying it was shipped and it was on my patio Thursday morning. I think they are expediting the shipping because of all the bad PT thry created. Hope you guys get yours soon.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Freakin finally, fedex home delivery wed 8/17..don't care that's its august I'm putting it on till october...whatever

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I don't understand the hoopla. :confused:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but my understanding is that after folks "pre-ordered" a product that wasn't in fact available, the release was ultimately and unexpectedly delayed. At all times everyone has been able to obtain a refund from the retailers they elected to order from, except perhaps for those who dealt with unscrupulous retailers.

So in general, the whole snafu hasn't actually cost anybody anything. Except of course for Bestop, who've taken quite the publicity hit.

So, from the consumer side, what's really the problem?? Is everybody really just complaining about Bestop misestimating the availability of the top? This all just amounts to disappointment of potential purchasers for a product that wasn't even available in the first place?

Practically, how is this any different than if Bestop had instead forecasted summer 2012 to begin with? Or if Bestop had never designed the top at all? How is your position any different?

Other than the inconvenience of seeking a refund or choosing to wait for delivery--both of which seem to be an accepted risk when you "pre-order" something that's actually not available--what is the problem that's got everybody so turned around?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Where ya at GEOFFFFF???????? Noticeably SILENT on this thread even though WE all know you have seen it....no plausible excuses???
I have been on vacation. No Jeeps, on orders from my wife. We went right by the start to a really awesome Jeep trail, and I whimpered a bit. But no Jeeps. :)
---------------------------

I've said this more than a few times, and nothing's changed:

We had a delayed product, with a chain of circumstances that conspired to keep the top from users. That's bad for everyone, except our competitors. We lose money, get angry customers and retailers, and miss out on the prime soft top selling season. We wasted marketing dollars promoting a product we couldn't fulfill. This is not a happy situation for anyone. Not you, not us, not retailers.

Everyone knows this.

The frustrating part for me is the continued "why'dcha do this to me" type posts. It's not like it was a plan. Things went wrong.

I've also said this a few times: Bestop didn't take your money. Or take a pre-order, a deposit, or make any financial arrangement with you.

Obviously, it was our fault that the retailers got amped up and started selling these. And our fault that we got people amped up to buy them too early. BUT there's nothing we can/could do about your deposit. that's between you and your retailer.

And finally, I've said this a few times, even though it seems to make people mad at me, for some reason: thanks to the internet, and to forums like this, you get to "see the sausage getting made" as they say. Manufacturers can't hide things anymore, and we can't control information anymore. This is usually a good thing, but it can be a frustrating thing as well. Our only real options are to share information, as we get it, even if it turns out to be wrong. Or to ignore things like this forum, so we avoid blame. With these tops, I wish I would have ignored things, but that's in hindsight.

Also, specifically to you, clear lake jeepn: not sure what you mean by plausible excuses. All the NX tops are out, they are shipping. The JK is not shipping in sufficient numbers yet, but we will catch up, as we're close to doing on the TJ models. I've never offered an excuse for the delays, just apologies. Again, it's not like its been a great thing for us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.