Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, but have been reading for years...thanks for all of the past help! :happyyes: I have a 2016 JKU with side airbags and heated seats. Anyone know of a driver's side under seat lock box that will fit? Thanks for the help, and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a tuffy on the driver's side for a 2012 with heated seats. No issues with install. If I remember correctly the instructions covered everything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2015 jk w/ heated seats and tuffy under-the-seat box. It fits just fine but you have to remove the cable capture holding the heated seats plug down and then zip tie it to elsewhere. I just zip tied mine to the side holes in the seat frame. Easy work, anyone can do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 with heated seats, side airbags, and the under driver seat lock box with the combo lock accessory.....fits fine and works great!

·
Super Moderator
21,968 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday on my 14 with heated seats. I gotta say I am not all that impressed. there is not reasonable way to bolt the back of the box down. They provide a nut and bolt but no way to really mark the hole for drilling without removing the entire seat from the vehicle.
anyone with an 18mm socket can just steal the box in about 2 minutes. faster if they have a battery operated impact gun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday on my 14 with heated seats. I gotta say I am not all that impressed. there is not reasonable way to bolt the back of the box down. They provide a nut and bolt but no way to really mark the hole for drilling without removing the entire seat from the vehicle. anyone with an 18mm socket can just steal the box in about 2 minutes. faster if they have a battery operated impact gun.
How would you drill a hole in your floor pan without removing the seat?

That interior bolt makes it a lot safer, but all these do is keep people honest that might take advantage of a situation. If someone wants to steal your stuff, or your jeep, there isn't much you can do to stop them.

·
Registered
669 Posts
How would you drill a hole in your floor pan without removing the seat? That interior bolt makes it a lot safer, but all these do is keep people honest that might take advantage of a situation. If someone wants to steal your stuff, or your jeep, there isn't much you can do to stop them.
You could use an angle drill or just wedge a door stop under the back to make the box more sturdy which is what I did before I sold the four door and went back to a two door.

·
Super Moderator
21,968 Posts
yes an angle drill.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have heated seats and air bags. I installed the Bestop under seat security box with no issues. You just have to remove the bracket that holds the wire harness. But no problems with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts