Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new JKU and planning to lift and run 35's.

Trying to determine if I should go with the 3.5 or 2.5 Metal Cloak GS w/Fox shocks...

Let's see some pics and get some feedback.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
103 Posts

Metalcloak 3.5" ARB Edition Gamechanger with 35's. I was debating between 2.5 and 3.5 too but now that I have it, I wouldn't go back. You WILL need a new front driveshaft.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
3.5 Metalcloak. If you have 4 Doors you might want the extra belly clearance. I did get a new driveshaft as mentioned above.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Did you guys buy a new front shaft or just have the factory one cut down? I am debating going between a 2.5 and 3.5 myself. I have 33" tires now and am looking at MC and Rk systems.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, if you are putting on a 2012+ replace the front driveshaft with a 1310 from Coast, Adams, etc. It will keep it off the exhaust and be designed to deal with the amount of flex you are going to have.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks much guys!

Anyone that did the 2.5" with 35's and stock fenders - Any rubbing at full flex??

·
Registered
323 Posts
I did the 3.5" with 35 duratracs on my '13 JKU sport and love it. i didn't NEED a new front drive shaft but with the angle it was running at it was a mater of time before failure so i put one in ~7k later. Rear shaft is close enough to stock that im not worrying for now. Since you are going to have things apart it would be a good time to looking at some other upgrades, i just put on some rear control arm skids (which relocated the shock up) would have been better to do that at the time of the lift as i already had the rear axle off. Metal Cloak phone support was also great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I'm going to go with the 2.5" GC lift and if I need to go taller I can always buy new springs and go up the additional inch.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2.5" since I already have flats. I will keep Duratracs for a while and then start the process for 37's.
When i got the lift the 2.5 and the 3.5 (arb edition) were the same money, if you are looking to go to 37's down the road wouldn't 3.5 fit better? just a friendly thought :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts