Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my new 2015 JKU from the dealership yesterday and I was looking through the paperwork that I had the salesman save on delivery and I noticed that the shipping receipt has a weight listed. I know many people have asked before how much their Wranglers weigh and had to go to the effort of going to a semi truck stop weigh station.
my JKU with half doors 6-speed manual 4.73 and LSD and no other options really was 4108 pounds

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I would be real interested to see what that Jeep weighs on a scale, so we can see how far off Jeep is. It is pretty common for manufacturers to be off by a mile with their claimed weights. It should be pretty light though, because the doors are heavy, so a lot of weight will be saved by having half doors, and the half doors usually come with a soft top, so that saves some more weight. Any chance you can go weight it and tell us how much it really weighs?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Curiosity can be a pretty powerful motivator, LOL. I just got off dead center and ran down to the local CAT scale, which is only a mile and a half from my house, and weighed my Jeep. Mine is the two door Jeep in this picture. It has a mid-width front bumper instead of a full-width bumper, it has an M8000 Warn winch with synthetic rope instead of cable, which is one of the lightest winches you can get. It has a Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper, which is about the smallest rear bumper you can get. It has an aluminum Teraflex tire carrier, and a "space saver" 35 inch spare tire. And it doesn't even have the rear seat in it anymore. With 3/4 of a tank of fuel it weighs 4960 lbs on the scale, with 2560 lbs on the front axle and 2400 lbs on the rear axle, with no driver in the Jeep.

I do have Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 axles and 37" Toyo tires though, so there is definitely some beef there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts