Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 JKU. I ordered a Teraflex leveling kit (because that's what people do) and I have an offer to get some Rubicon shocks and springs for a good price. Is there any benefit to installing the Rubicon shocks and springs over the OEM stuff that I have now? Will it have any effect on the TF leveling kit?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
There are different codes on the springs- see what your stickers say. I tried to sell my '
rubi springs- ended up throwing them in the trash. Not worth much.

You would be better off returning the teraflex and grabbing an evo mfg leveling kit with new front coils.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,009 Posts
The Rubicon shocks are a nice upgrade!
The Rubicon springs are no different, the non-Rubicon!

As for the springs, you need to see what numbers that you currently have.
It's the last two numbers on the spring tags.
The fronts will range from 12 to 19, the rears from 53 to 60. The higher the number the more lift.

jku_59_spring spring tags.jpg

^^^This is a example of the spring tag numbers. As you can see, this one is a rear # 59.

The leveling kit will work with any factory spring numbers. But you won't know for sure if you will need the leveling kit, until you install you springs.
Example: If you go with 16's in the front and 60's in the rear, then you will probably need the kit. If you go with 19's in the front and 59's in the rear, then it may already set pretty level.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Marking this for later. Great info Old Dogger, I always mean to check which springs mine came with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts