Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the common advice here and not buying the tow package on the Rubicon since unlike on the Sahara, it only involves the hitch and wiring (4-pin).

Now I need to decide - which hitch and what wiring. :)

Short term, I'll be towing light weight stuff so 4-pin would be fine, however I do want to be able to tow a camper/etc. so I presume 7-pin is probably a better longer term bet.

What did you buy? Who's hitch w/ what wiring harness and did you also get a 4-pin to 7-pin converter?

Thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
I just got one from Quadratec that came with a 4 pin harness. Easy install.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
You might be interested in checking out the 7-pin trailer wiring kit from Mopar. Its P/N 82210214AB, and is available from many sources including Dealers and our WF friend Quadratec.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
It really depends on what kind of trailers you plan to tow. If you never plan to two any trailers with electric brakes, then 4-pin would probably be fine. But if you go with 7-pin you can use it with 7-pin and 4-pin trailers (with the use of a $10 adapter).

I have 7-pin on mine and am glad because there are times when I need to pull trailers with electric brakes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I you decide to go with the 7 pin, I have the Mopar one I took off my 2010 jku before trading for our new 2015 jku. We sold the popup camper with electric brakes we used to pull and I don't plan to install it on the new jeep. Has the plug, mounting bracket and all factory ends, no cut wires. Its just sitting in my shop, let me know if interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts