Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order a Jeep. The MSRP is$42,637 and I am being quoted an employee price of $38,532. Does this sound accurate? Should I be able to buy it for less?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If you're an employee, shouldn't your company rep or HR be able to tell you what the employee discount should be?

For what it's worth, when I ordered mine under the affiliate program, they wouldn't budge a dollar below the program price listed on the order sheet- but they came up to full KBB retail (about $2,500 more than their initial offer) on the trade in order to make the deal.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I think the OP is referring to the "EP" price that dealers can offer for the Jeep.

If you are ordering a Jeep ask to see the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) sheet.

It will list MSRP and Invoice cost for all the options and then show the Hold Back (HB), Factory Wholesale Price (FWP) and Chrysler Employee Price (EP).

You don't actually have to be a Chrysler corporate employee to get the EP price.

Here is my POC from 2 years ago when I ordered my Rubicon:

(and yes, I made the mistake of ordering the factory tow hitch - it was before I joined this forum and learned otherwise)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am getting ready to order a Jeep. The MSRP is$42,637 and I am being quoted an employee price of $38,532. Does this sound accurate? Should I be able to buy it for less?
That is basically what I got from a supplier discount program. $4500 under sticker.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That's about 10% below sticker, which is a good deal. You might get a tad more, but likely not much. I spent weeks negotiating mine and got 11% under MSRP including all dealer fees. I think that was an exceptional case and happened right before year end. Make sure they don't burn you on the trade to make up for it. You can go to carmax and check autotrader and kbb.con to get an expectation of its value. Don't let them try and convince you it is worth less than you think it is. Don't expect retail for it, but get at leas KBB trade in. I have managed to get $1k over kbb trade in on my last two purchases, so I think there is even room to work here as well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Employee pricing is a game.

Yes its a legitimate discount and thats it but calling it "employee pricing" is a joke.

Marketing tool (I've been in big-ticket sales since 1977.... not cars mind you but sales is sales) and there's still money on the table....(the buyer's)

That said, take the EP, and ask for more. Time your buy (last day if the month), have your money source locked and loaded or know your "situation" that way.

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
Employee Pricing works out to roughly 10% off the MSRP, or about 5% below invoice.

It is clearly labeled on the order sheet. But FCA has been clamping down on issuing EP control numbers, and have become strict requiring them to honor the pricing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I used to work at a Jeep dealership. If you can purchase that Jeep at EP you are doing better than a salesperson! EP is for Chrysler/Fiat employees, not dealership personnel. We paid invoice plus $750 which is a few hundred more than EP.

·
Registered
671 Posts
A few years ago I was window shopping on a dealer lot, an eager sales guy came up and said now is the best time to get a deal, they're offering employee pricing to the public, I said on a Wrangler, said yes sir, I said let's make this happen.

Pointed out the Wrangler, he went to see his manager, came back and said sorry Wranglers are excluded, but how about that nice Liberty, I threw up a little in my mouth.

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
A few years ago I was window shopping on a dealer lot, an eager sales guy came up and said now is the best time to get a deal, they're offering employee pricing to the public, I said on a Wrangler, said yes sir, I said let's make this happen.

Pointed out the Wrangler, he went to see his manager, came back and said sorry Wranglers are excluded, but how about that nice Liberty, I threw up a little in my mouth.
Well, had he pointed you to a Compass may you vomited right on the floor?

:rofl:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I used to work at a Jeep dealership. If you can purchase that Jeep at EP you are doing better than a salesperson! EP is for Chrysler/Fiat employees, not dealership personnel. We paid invoice plus $750 which is a few hundred more than EP.
There are many here that regularly confuse FFP and EP too.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
if you are ordering, ask for EP minus holdback. A couple of dealers in metro Detroit agreed to this when I was shopping last spring...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Send out emails to as many dealers as you can. Specify exactly what you want to order with every option you want. You can go here:
2016 Wrangler Information Thread - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum
Send Milous a message asking for a recent order guide if you need to know what options are available.

Explain in your email that you qualify for EP and ask what is their best offer. I sent out 12 "feelers." Two were below EP. I took the lowest offer to my favorite dealer who was willing to match. Total time at dealer: 20 minutes to place the order and pay deposit.

MSRP $41420, EP $37118, SALE PRICE: $35,005
OTD: $37,858

1 - 15 of 15 Posts