Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Officially ordered my Unlimited Rubicon this afternoon! :iamhappy:

Over the next 4-6 weeks, I am going to start a parts collection for the upcoming build. My initial plan is a 3.5" AEV 3.5 DualSport RS lift along with 35" BFG MT KM2's mounted on black 17' Pintlers. Also included in the initial bolt on list are AEV front/rear (w/tire carrier) bumpers and Fox ATS Performance steering stabilizer.

So the question is, what else would the forum recommend to make it "right" from the beginning?

• Tom Woods front Driveshaft?
  • Synergy/Dynatrac ball joints?
  • C-Gussets?
  • Adjustable front trackbar (is this even necessary with the AEV setup?)
  • Anything else I might be missing?

I know something is necessary for the front driveshaft due to its close proximity to the exhaust. I am thinking it best just to replace it out of the gate rather than messing with the spacers. Thoughts?

How about the factory balljoints? Worth replacing them right away or wait a year or two until they start to show signs of wear?

Phew! Can't wait for the Jeep to show up and start building!

Thanks for the input!
ERAU

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Officially ordered my Unlimited Rubicon this afternoon! :iamhappy: Over the next 4-6 weeks, I am going to start a parts collection for the upcoming build. My initial plan is a 3.5" AEV 3.5 DualSport RS lift along with 35" BFG MT KM2's mounted on black 17' Pintlers. Also included in the initial bolt on list are AEV front/rear (w/tire carrier) bumpers and Fox ATS Performance steering stabilizer. So the question is, what else would the forum recommend to make it "right" from the beginning?

[*]Tom Woods front Driveshaft?

***You should not need a DS Right away. Just keep a eye on the CV joints (there is now a rebuild kit for the stock rzeppa joints)***

[*]Synergy/Dynatrac ball joints?

***Eventually (most likely) but IMO. Not worth replacing right away unless doing gussets***

[*]C-Gussets?

***Great upgrade to assure no problems with the C's, specifically the uppers. (See note above)***

[*]Adjustable front trackbar (is this even necessary with the AEV setup?)

*** yes and no. No because w/ AEV's 3.5 kit, the front TB is raised. Reducing the angle returns the axle close to center. Yes because the stock TB can deflect under heavy loads/bigger tires***

[*]Anything else I might be missing?

*** knock out the Northridge grade 8 9/16 bolt upgrade when doing the lift. (See sticky for info on stock bolts and issues with DW)***

I know something is necessary for the front driveshaft due to its close proximity to the exhaust. I am thinking it best just to replace it out of the gate rather than messing with the spacers. Thoughts?

*** it's up too you on this one***

How about the factory balljoints? Worth replacing them right away or wait a year or two until they start to show signs of wear?

***See note, but it's up to you. They will fail eventually. As mentioned .. Great time to do gussets ***

Phew! Can't wait for the Jeep to show up and start building! Thanks for the input!

ERAU
Quoted within. Sorry, on my phone. Couldn't bold text. Read my lift thread linked below for info.
Good luck my friend :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks kjeeper!!

I have be learning a lot from this forum and quite a bit had been from your posts!

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts