Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock 2014 JKUR shocks and coils and that's it. I have a 2014 jeep sport. will those JKUR shocks and coils fit without any problem onto my 2014 wrangler sport... need some tips plz..?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
They will fit but don't expect miracles in terms of difference. Depending on which set of stock coils are in your JK there may be zero difference. That's a lot disassembly for no gain. If you want a specific lift go with spacers instead.

The Rubi shocks are a different story. They are better than the stock Sport shocks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can confirm this. I did this about 2 months ago. Direct swap and you don't need any extra pieces. You will gain 1 1/2" over all. Plus it's alittle more room to stuff the wheels. Lol

·
Super Moderator
14,539 Posts
A little more detail is needed... What are the part numbers of the spring currently on the JK and the numbers on the springs you want to install? The last 2 numbers in the part number is what we are looking for. In the front it should be something like 15 or 16.

There aren't any Rubicon springs, just different numbers. With that information, we can come a lot closer to telling you what to expect.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe there is a difference in coils for the jk and the JKU's. They are longer and have to be slightly taller to get the normal clearance. This is only my opinion, so please don't take it as gospel.

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
I believe there is a difference in coils for the jk and the JKU's. They are longer and have to be slightly taller to get the normal clearance. This is only my opinion, so please don't take it as gospel.
No, the standard ones are the same length. The 10A is taller by 1/2" if I remember correctly.

·
Super Moderator
14,539 Posts
I didn't pull out my specific notes, so I'll give a general overview...

As I recall, the springs on the front of a Wrangler JK or JKU can range from a 12 to a 19 with each number being approximately 1/4 longer than the number below it. Many factors come in to play on what springs are on a particular Jeep. 2dr and 4dr is just one of the many factors... Hard top, tow package, equipment group, etc all factor in. Generally speaking, a hard top Rubicon will be at the higher end of the spectrum and a Sport soft top will be at the lower end. I believe it's possible for a 2dr hard top Rubicon to have springs higher than a 4dr soft top without power and tow... Generally speaking, it seems the 2dr's range from 12 to 16 and the 4dr's from 15 to 19. So, replacing the 13's on a 2dr with 18's from a 4dr will yield roughly 1-1/4" of lift. I think sometimes you can get a tiny bit more.

The exact same applies to the rear. I believe the range is 53's to 60's.

There is also the 10A springs which seem to have an additional 1/2 over the longest regular springs.

So, if you want to know what to expect in a spring swap, you need to pull the numbers from both sets of springs and you can apply the math.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2014 2 dr jk hardtop, no tow package. the shocks I plan on installing are 17 in the front and 59 in the rear off the JKUR. wanting to do 1.75'' coil spacers front and rear. what other hard wear will I need. sway bar links, front / rear bumper stops, track bar, sway bar ect....??? all tips help.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My 2 door originally had 14/56 and I went to 18/60 jkur coils and gained 1 1/2" all the way around and that is with an aftermarket heavier bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts