Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make it easier to clean jeep jk x 4 door. I'm thinking about removing all the carpet. [ carpet with molded rubber/Plastic on back]. How much more noise will it be. Does anybody have any input on this. I saw one jeep like that and it was painted with bedliner paint. Going to keep the floor mats in.// Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
There are a lot of threads about this but from what I have read it will be a little louder. Some people mentioned the floor boards were warm/hot and bed lining the the area where the carpet was is a popular mod. People with pets like it because there is no more carpet for the hair to stuck in. I attached a few links to previous threads about this topic. Any questions you have should be answered in those threads.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/carpet-removal-and-other-questions-870913.html

U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner in tub - Shots - Notes - Reference Threads

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/tearing-out-carpet-248233.html

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jk-carpet-removal-167329.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same. Just had a drive home in the rain last week and it took a whole week to dry out the security compartment next to the jack well. Subscribed.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I pulled mine. It was super easy. Took probably less than 5 minutes.

I stuffed them in contractor trash bags and bungeed them under the hard top. Going to put them back in for winter. Eventually I'll bedliner it.

I didn't notice anymore noise. But I'm pretty obtuse to that kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Without rugs, floor mats and plugs out = much, much louder
Mats back in = much louder
Mats and plugs in = little louder . Doesn't bother me in my daily commute, might after a couple hours though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Took mine out a few months ago. Didn't notice much in the way of noise increase. Of course I drive with top down and doors off most of the time. Under the center console does get a bit warm but with shoes on, shouldn't be much of a big deal. Gonna bedline it in a week or two anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cut my carpet into smaller pieces that can be easily pulled out when I want to clean it. The carpet no longer tucks underneath all of the trim except I did leave enough so it would tuck under the center console about 1 inch. Just grab them and pull them out before you're going to go wheeling and get them wet or before hosing it out. Then I just use rubber mats on top. No hot feet to worry about it definitely deadens the sound.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For the ones removing there JKU carpet and NOT going to reinstall. I am looking for the carpet piece that lies behind the driver and passenger seat. My dog decided to chew mine up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I pulled mine. It was super easy. Took probably less than 5 minutes. I stuffed them in contractor trash bags and bungeed them under the hard top. Going to put them back in for winter. Eventually I'll bedliner it. I didn't notice anymore noise. But I'm pretty obtuse to that kind of thing.
I plan on doing that. Are the wires dangling and stuff? Do you have to cable tie them anywhere?
I plan on leaving my floor mats in.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thats how i am running, with the mopar waterproof mats.
Its a bit noisier, alot if you run with bungs out too.

Eventually i may get a bedrug liner for the floor, but thats some time off.
I like the fact that any water that gets in, through the roof seals or from offroading can dry quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts