Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into installing a JL Audio stealthbox subwoofer and amp in my 2017 JKU rubicon. The stealthbox comes with a 10 inch sub. I'm trying to figure out if one 10inch sub is enough or if I would need two. The box sits over the wheel well. Does anyone have any experience with these and if 2 are needed?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694609/JL-Audio-Stealthbox-Gray-Passengers-Side.html?awkw=140061085945&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=75378113425&awdv=m&awug=9030141&gclid=CjwKCAiA8rnfBRB3EiwAhrhBGrsofxozQoKOCWvrFYrmgEKq-vpy7hh5h_x-DQ6OsTTlwbnwi4fCOBoCGGMQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I'm looking into installing a JL Audio stealthbox subwoofer and amp in my 2017 JKU rubicon. The stealthbox comes with a 10 inch sub. I'm trying to figure out if one 10inch sub is enough or if I would need two. The box sits over the wheel well. Does anyone have any experience with these and if 2 are needed?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694609/JL-Audio-Stealthbox-Gray-Passengers-Side.html?awkw=140061085945&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=75378113425&awdv=m&awug=9030141&gclid=CjwKCAiA8rnfBRB3EiwAhrhBGrsofxozQoKOCWvrFYrmgEKq-vpy7hh5h_x-DQ6OsTTlwbnwi4fCOBoCGGMQAvD_BwE

I have zero experiance with these but love my 10" subs under front seats. I do not loose and cargo space either. More than what is required but it is nice have base head room. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have zero experiance with these but love my 10" subs under front seats. I do not loose and cargo space either. More than what is required but it is nice have base head room. :)
Thanks for sharing. Does the sub under the seat vibrate it? I had seen that alpine made some like this, looks like a good place to put them.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
DAM Hiazak Who make those enclosures? I just can't seem to bite for the JL stealth sub at $900 when I have a stock enclosure with a replaced Kicker that does pretty well so far, but I really want to put my 10" JL Sub in. Somewheres!!!

Reactions: Hiazak

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAM Hiazak Who make those enclosures? I just can't seem to bite for the JL stealth sub at $900 when I have a stock enclosure with a replaced Kicker that does pretty well so far, but I really want to put my 10" JL Sub in. Somewheres!!!
I agree, it is very expensive. I wonder if there is a way to buy an OEM sub and add it to my 2017 at a cheaper price. The sub on the 2017 goes in the cargo tray in the rear though, versus on the side.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Does the sub under the seat vibrate it? I had seen that alpine made some like this, looks like a good place to put them.

Yes you can feel the base. It is awesome. Not audible seat vibrations. This is a DIY with custom built boxes from a fellow forum member Mattk11 If you have any interest just shoot him a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts