Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21' Wrangler Rubicon 4dr / Metalcloak Dual Rate 2.5" Lift / Toyo Open Country MT / 17" Icon Rebounds
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lifted my JL with Metalcloak Dual Rate 2.5" lift with 37" Toyo Open Country MT's & 17" Icon Rebounds wheels. As soon as I got on the highway it starts bouncing, it actually started around 55+mph. Why does this happen & what can I do to stop it?

·
Retired Moderator
102,513 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
At that speed, either a bad tire, or tire balance. Them big 37’s need to be Road Force Balanced.

Reactions: cyoung9799

·
Registered
21' Wrangler Rubicon 4dr / Metalcloak Dual Rate 2.5" Lift / Toyo Open Country MT / 17" Icon Rebounds
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspect they overfilled your tires. take them down to 26, maybe 28 PSI and you'll be fine (y)

Welcome to the forum!
Good to know, I'll try it out. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
At that speed, either a bad tire, or tire balance. Them big 37’s need to be Road Force Balanced.
OK cool...I'll look into this too! Thanks?

·
Super Moderator
11,568 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

One thing that hardly gets discussed: going from a 10-inch wide tire to a 12.5-inch wide tire significantly increases the contact patch, making it more prone to feel more of the road, imperfections and all.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.

Reactions: frankjzee

·
Premium Member
829 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just lifted my JL with Metalcloak Dual Rate 2.5" lift with 37" Toyo Open Country MT's & 17" Icon Rebounds wheels. As soon as I got on the highway it starts bouncing, it actually started around 55+mph. Why does this happen & what can I do to stop it?
Update
First...Thanks for all the feedback! & sorry I forgot to update on my issue. It's no longer an issue! 😁
The bouncing went away after 2 days. I'm not sure why or how but I'm assuming I just need to drive around a bit??? Idk.
My tire pressure is at 38psi, is that normal for 37's? What do you guys recommended my psi to be for daily driving vs off-road?

·
Commercial Member
8,095 Posts
Update
First...Thanks for all the feedback! & sorry I forgot to update on my issue. It's no longer an issue!
The bouncing went away after 2 days. I'm not sure why or how but I'm assuming I just need to drive around a bit??? Idk.
My tire pressure is at 38psi, is that normal for 37's? What do you guys recommended my psi to be for daily driving vs off-road?
Way over inflated for tires that size. Try 26-28.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts