Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible without modification to put jl fender flares on a jk? Stock ones. Looking for painted black for my wife’s jk and people are possibly getting rid of the jl ones.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I missed if this has been discussed before. My apologies if so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife has a 16 with stock plastic but really likes the oem gloss painted black that comes on Sahara or rubicon or upgraded flares. Someone she knows has a jl stock painted and wants to take them off. Wife is impatient and wants jk gloss black but can’t find any. So she said if the jl fits she would consider those. Not my Jeep... surely someone is or will be selling their stock jk flares soon.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
My understanding is no, they won't fit without modifications, if at all.

If they did, the aftermarket guys wouldn't have to design all new fenders.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did see a post in one of my FB groups of someone with JL fenders on their JK. I don't think it was a 'plug & play' type deal but I'll have to see if I can find the post again.

·
Registered
972 Posts
These guys sell JL looking parts for JKs: https://fiberwerx.com/product/2007-2017-jeep-jk-to-jl-conversion-rebelx/ Looks like you need to buy and install the lights on your own.
^ I think you are correct. I am considering them. Like the High clearance OEM look - Mopar had them for the JKU'S until a few years ago

If I end up with them, I would not add the light, maybe use a blank lens.
just look better than Flat flares for extra clearance. Have to check with them regarding inner liners too.
or even the Stealth Flares in carbon fiber

https://www.fiberwerx.com/collections/jeep/products/2007-2017-jeep-jk-to-jl-rebelx-4-piece-fender-kit

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with liking the OEM appearance with the benefit of higher clearance. I also like how well they appear to fit with full width bumpers as I frequently run the euro end caps on my 10A/Hardrock bumper. I could care about the lights, but I’m a little iffy on them being fiberglass. If they were TPO like MCE fenders I think Id already have a set.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I reached out a few times and haven't heard back yet from the MFG. I kinda like their JL grill too. Personally love the JK's overall over the new JL's. But the Grill and Flares would be a nice touch. Something different at the very least. Also, not crazy about Fiberglass, they also have them in CarbonFiber for a LOT more $$$. But with the JL grill and Higher Clearance flares, would most certainly give the front end a higher look! I just have the OEM bumper with Stubby end caps.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
That’s a great link. Really had my attention.

The 2 things I hate most about the JK’s appearance is the grille slots don’t go all the way to the hood, (because they left room for the stupid Jeep emblem) and the bulking looking front flares. The JL fixed both of those design issues.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I contacted them and they gave me a quote immediately.
^ what # can you post it.
There website PH# - did not answer anytime I called and they never responded to my emails.

Glad you go ahold of someone! goodluck.
* I was hoping they were on this website and PM me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts