Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://tinyurl.com/ycf2kxmo

- First and Foremost... Selec-Trac !! :cool: Woohoo , hope it's like the NV242 with every combo.

- Power Soft Top (as rumoured)

- Separate Android Auto and Apple Car Play codes. Hmm, can't just do both in one to save a headache? :rant:

- Trail Rail Management System? Like retractable steps/rails ? :confused:

- EcoDiesel code from day 1. :flowers:

- Nacho uses same paint code as Dozer , so Orangish Yellow to go with Acid Yellow. :punk:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic of the list from JLF

Attachments

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see if there will be any Rubicon packages (i.e. Hard Rock, 15th Anniversary, etc.).

·
Registered
660 Posts
G

·
Would be nice to give a code for both Android and CarPlay, part of it is probably boot times. Defining one boot instead of dual booting would be faster, I would think.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Power soft top!!! What?

3 engine options...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Going to get pricy after I check all these boxes... must have selec trac, power soft top, android. .and can I get the 285s with selec trac?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome to the fully optioned $65K Jeep Wrangler :)

I'm very anxious to see what the MPG and tow ratings will be for the 3.0 diesel. I've got one in a Ram 1500 and love it. Also curious to see how they handled placement of the DEF tank, SCR and DPF.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Wow, great info, thanks! Some really, really interesting stuff on there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Welcome to the fully optioned $65K Jeep Wrangler :)

I'm very anxious to see what the MPG and tow ratings will be for the 3.0 diesel. I've got one in a Ram 1500 and love it. Also curious to see how they handled placement of the DEF tank, SCR and DPF.
If thats true Im priced out.

·
Registered
771 Posts
For those in the know about these things - now that this has hit dealer's computers, how long before it shows up on the Wrangler website?

·
Registered
571 Posts
The 4-cylinder turbo comes with Belt starter generator. Does this mean it will be an E-assist Hybrid? A hybrid Jeep?:jawdrop:

·
Registered
673 Posts
The 4-cylinder turbo comes with Belt starter generator. Does this mean it will be an E-assist Hybrid? A hybrid Jeep?:jawdrop:
It means the alternator is also the starter for the start stop system.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It can be a very mild hybrid (15-45HP), but like pismo61 said, I think in this case it's solely for Stop/Start assist.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would be nice to give a code for both Android and CarPlay, part of it is probably boot times. Defining one boot instead of dual booting would be faster, I would think.
Not really, not anymore, and you could define a path if it were causing the UConnect firmware fits.

If for can do it with Crappy Sync3 FCA should be able to do it with all their QNX, Uconnect resources especially after their recent efforts with Google.

IMO, it's likely more of a licensing issue than a technical one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My thoughts:

1. The new Rubicon tire size is 285/70R17 which is 32.71" tall vs the older tire size which was 255/75R17 and 32.06" tall. So a bit bigger. There should be a lot more winter tires available in the new size.

2. Why are there two 8-speed autos? Is one for the gas and one for the diesel? What's up with that?

3. No rhino? That was the colour I wanted to get. :(

4. No towing package, so is it standard?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My thoughts:

1. The new Rubicon tire size is 285/70R17 which is 32.71" tall vs the older tire size which was 255/75R17 and 32.06" tall. So a bit bigger. There should be a lot more winter tires available in the new size.
Yep, when Milous first mentioned this, that was my very thought, more Winter and LT tyre size support.

2. Why are there two 8-speed autos? Is one for the gas and one for the diesel? What's up with that?
Yep, as mentioned in earlier leaks / predictions and confirmed here, the gasoline engines get the 850RE [FCA made 8HP50], and the diesel gets the 8HP75 because the Diesel's 570NM of torque is above the HP50's rating, which is 500 of course.

Interesting that the material overtly has "make" for the N.Am. FCA sourced 850RE (like NAG1 vs W5A580 for the current 5-speed) and "buy-German" for the Euro-made 8HP75. I wonder how long that will last and if they will ever make the 8HP75 in N.Am. and if there will be any difference in programming like there was in the W5A580 in 2012 JKs vs the NAG1 in 2013+.

3. No rhino? That was the colour I wanted to get. :(

4. No towing package, so is it standard?
This is still only an early partial list, stuff like tow package may yet to be revealed.

Also, considering that the previous "tow package" hasn't been more than the hitch-receiver and 4pin connector for about 6 years, is it really a 'package' anymore so much as a Mopar add-on (I added the receiver myself and the 7-pin connector for less than the 'tow package'
Now if they offered the Big Brake Kit and something not just an accesory, then it would worth returning a 'tow package' otherwise it's just a Mopar bundle.

Additionaly these are likely only a partial list of colours (see the note about Light Green and Blue from dealer meeting), and also mainly the initial launch colours, with more to come in Feb with the Winter edition and another spring colour as usual (similar to Chief, Extreme Purple, etc). I suspect 3 or 4 more colours before the 2019 rolls out, especially since Purple

1 - 20 of 69 Posts