Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was looking at gettting slightly larger tires for my 2018 JLU rubicon and was hoping you guys coulda answer a question for me.
Will 35x12.5R17LT tires fit on a JL rubicon with no lift and stock rims

also planning to get lift down the road but trying to space it out to not break the bank

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hey I was looking at gettting slightly larger tires for my 2018 JLU rubicon and was hoping you guys coulda answer a question for me.
Will 35x12.5R17LT tires fit on a JL rubicon with no lift and stock rims

also planning to get lift down the road but trying to space it out to not break the bank

thanks for the help guys
Yes they will. I run 315/70/17 which are the same and no issues full flex... lots of people do.

·
Registered
678 Posts
315/70/17's call for a minimum of 8" for a rim size. I would not put them on a 7.5" rim and the shops I know won't even mount them.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I was thinking about 275/70/17's and there are a few that weigh less than 50 lbs. Was wondering even if they fit with a stock suspension without rubbing. They definitely work with a 7.5" wheel.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I was thinking about 275/70/17's and there are a few that weigh less than 50 lbs. Was wondering even if they fit with a stock suspension without rubbing. They definitely work with a 7.5" wheel.

Well, the stock size on the JL Rubi is 285/70/17, which is 1cm wider than your proposed size... so yeah... it's going to fit.

Buckets full of people are running 35s (and larger) on stock wheels with no issues... The sidewalls are huge so flexing in another 5-10mm to seat is no big deal. Rim width becomes more of an issue with low profile tires, as you have little sidewall to deflect...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts