Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to remove the silver trim from the grill? I’ve tried for a few grill inserts but they only fit the sport models. Someone suggested remove the whole grill and then you can take the trim off but I have no clue how to get that done

·
Registered
821 Posts
Really just replace the whole Sahara grill with a Sportish type, its even a good idea to spray it with a durable coating at it may see some abuse.
Open the hood you will see 6 friction pins along the top, pull the center up and the pins will pull right out.
With them all out grab the top of the grill and pull forward, its all plastic and has a pretty good amount of give so don't worry about breaking it.

Follow to here, its for a JK but the JL grill mounts the same

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I was thinking about doing a replacement but all I can find is angry eyes and I hate that. I’ll see if I can get the silver out and maybe even get some plasti dip on it worst case, block out the colour and reinstall.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Being a JL, give it time and you'll find a ton of aftermarket options, other than the angry eyes.
It being so new it takes them time to mold and design everything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Geez, wish I was close, I'd swap my grill and bumper to get one with the silver highlights. My Sport S has the plain black grill and front bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts