Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently picked up some JL take-off Rubicon wheels and the seller added in a JL steel three-piece bumper plus skid plate and some other parts for a good price. I've got the bumper bolted on now (only had to minimally modify the mounting brackets) and it looks great. I don't have pictures yet, but can get some if anyone is interested.

My question is can I mount the JL skid plate? From eyeballing the fit to the frame behind the bumper, it looks like it might work if I get the brackets B, C, and associated hardware (which unfortunately didn't come with the bumper) shown here:

http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82215183.pdf

I know a lot of people have mounted JL bumpers on their JK's, but has anyone fitted the skid plate on a JK with the JL steel three-piece bumper? I couldn't find an example of this on the forum or elsewhere. Don't want to waste money on the brackets if something else is needed!

thanks!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Are you sure you can even mount those B and C brackets on the JK frame? I'm not near my Jeep so can't check, but I don't think that area of the frame below the main front bumper mounts looks like that on the JK. The crash bar is down there. I'd take a close look at that area compared to those illustrations to make sure it's not just completely different. Or just try installing it and see how things line up, the bumper should fit fine and easy install, then just see how the skid looks like it fits and whether there are gaps or more importantly I interference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. From eyeballing the area it looks like the brackets could fit. There are two offset holes to mount them to the crash bar, and the bottom of the bracket would be near the mounting point on the skid plate. I do have the JL bumper mounted already and from holding the skid plate in place I don’t see any obvious interference. I can’t be sure though and was hoping someone had done this already and could save me the $ if the brackets don’t fit. :). But I may just have to buy some to find out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts