Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running these? Why they have 2 different websites?

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
I think I would want to see them in person.
The pics on the website make them look big.

·
Registered
372 Posts
haha I don't think it's the pictures that make them look big... they are huge. wouldn't last long for me sticking out the side like they do.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
haha I don't think it's the pictures that make them look big... they are huge. wouldn't last long for me sticking out the side like they do.

They're massive, and I personally don't like the trend/statement if making a JK look like a JL. Seems silly.

Does this happen every time there is a new body style? Did CJ guys try to make their CJs look like JKs?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
They also advertise for separate functions with the turn signal/flasher separate from the brake light. I know there are conversion from the four wire (tail/brake/flasher/reverse) to three (tail/brake_flasher/reverse) for hooking up trailers, but how do they separate the flashers from the brakes?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Man, those do look huge on the JK. I like the JL taillights, but personally I like the lights on the Renegade better. I wished they would have kept with that design when doing the JL. The "X" pattern for the reverse lights reminds me of the center of a jerry can.

I'd like to see something similar made for JK. Until then, the stockers work good enough for me.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Man, those do look huge on the JK. I like the JL taillights, but personally I like the lights on the Renegade better. I wished they would have kept with that design when doing the JL. The "X" pattern for the reverse lights reminds me of the center of a jerry can.

I'd like to see something similar made for JK. Until then, the stockers work good enough for me.
Huh...they remind me of cat buttholes. 😆

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the result of someone rear ending me as I was doing 70 down the Highway. I want as buch red light as I can gat in the ass. Lol
BEF33D49-2F8C-42E3-B5BF-9E18EFC92A55.jpeg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Those lights look ugly, IMHO. I actually like the looks of the JK better than the JL but then again, I'm biased. HA!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,325 Posts
JK vs JL

vs-after-the-holidays-above-pics-of-a-regular-sized-stormtrooper-next-to-a-fat-stormtrooper.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is the result of someone rear ending me as I was doing 70 down the Highway. I want as bunch red light as I can get in the ass.
That is nuts.

Part of the reason why I'd never remove or replace the tail lights that came with my Jeep from the factory. The minute you remove the original brake lights, you possibly open yourself to some liability for altering the original equipment that was properly designed and approved for it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The only reason the JL tail lights are that wide is because of the driver assist sensors housed inside them. It also makes it even easier to rip them off. There's not a lot of reason to do that to a JK if you're not even going to get the benefit of the driver assistance.

Also, provided you're meeting the requirements set forth in state law for where you live, there's no liability issue with swapping out your tail lights.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Every JL I've gone rock crawling with has damaged or even torn off their tail lights completely. Putting them on, without the blind spot monitoring they were designed for, seems totally backwards.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts