Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am currently not yet a wrangler owner, but I plan on buying a 4-door 2019 JLU soon. I'm researching how much lift is necessary and which parts I should upgrade in order to suite my desired specs. It is in my own interest to keep the lift to as little as possible and account for all necessary upgrades up front and not have to account for any foreseen issues after the fact. So far I plan on running 37" x 12.5" tires and flat fenders with ZERO intentions of any off-roading whatsoever. If it means anything, I also plan on going with aftermarket front and rear bumpers. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hello. I am currently not yet a wrangler owner, but I plan on buying a 4-door 2019 JLU soon. I'm researching how much lift is necessary and which parts I should upgrade in order to suite my desired specs. It is in my own interest to keep the lift to as little as possible and account for all necessary upgrades up front and not have to account for any foreseen issues after the fact. So far I plan on running 37" x 12.5" tires and flat fenders with ZERO intentions of any off-roading whatsoever. If it means anything, I also plan on going with aftermarket front and rear bumpers. All help is appreciated.
If you'll never take it off highway adding 37s isn't a very wise move. You'll spend a lot of money to mes up the daily driver aspect of the rig. JMHO, but I'd just leave it and enjoy it as it is.

If you INSIST, you'll need at least 2" lift (the Mopar is a good choice), high clearance fenders (unless you get a Rubicon) aftermarket wheels (or spacers on a Rubi), the tires, tailgate kit for the spare and a bunch of little stuff.

·
Vendor
2,879 Posts
Here is a helpful picture for you
Both on a 37" tire
Left is our 3.5" system
Right is our 2" system

Both Rubicons.

2" will clear 37" tires.

We make corner specific coils and our shocks are tuned for the JL using our exclusive DRS technology in the shock. (It is a spring that helps the shock perform amazingly on and off-road. )

In general JL like some sort of caster adjustment (think geometry angle and overall ride feel), since you mentioned on road only look to geometry correction brackets. Make the JL drive even better.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM us.

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a helpful picture for you
Both on a 37" tire
Left is our 3.5" system
Right is our 2" system

Both Rubicons.

2" will clear 37" tires.

We make corner specific coils and our shocks are tuned for the JL using our exclusive DRS technology in the shock. (It is a spring that helps the shock perform amazingly on and off-road. )

In general JL like some sort of caster adjustment (think geometry angle and overall ride feel), since you mentioned on road only look to geometry correction brackets. Make the JL drive even better.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM us.

Matt
Thanks for the side by side comparison! I've had a decent amount of my questions answered since posting this but side by side comparisons really help put things into perspective. I'll make sure to keep you guys in mind for any unanswered questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you'll never take it off highway adding 37s isn't a very wise move. You'll spend a lot of money to mes up the daily driver aspect of the rig. JMHO, but I'd just leave it and enjoy it as it is.

If you INSIST, you'll need at least 2" lift (the Mopar is a good choice), high clearance fenders (unless you get a Rubicon) aftermarket wheels (or spacers on a Rubi), the tires, tailgate kit for the spare and a bunch of little stuff.
Thanks for the reply. I've wondered a lot about which brand of lift kit to go with so thanks for including that. I'm not exactly sure which brands are out there and what the major differences are between them so I suppose it's time I looked into that. Also I'm considering the Rubi to better accommodate 37's. If it's deemed too expensive for my taste then the plan would be to move down to a Sahara and 35's but thats pretty much my minimum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with SoK66, running 37s for just the highway wont be fun. At the end of the day it is your Jeep so your build.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
61,362 Posts
I agree with SoK66, running 37s for just the highway wont be fun. At the end of the day it is your Jeep so your build.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mopar lift and 37 K02s on 18 Rubicon. Rides nicer down highway than my 15 Super Duty did.

Reactions: HRCruse

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I've got 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers with bead locks and it handles amazingly well on the street and the highway. Cruises beautifully at 80 MPH.

Have Metal Cloack 2.5" Game Changer lift in the garage waiting to go on.

If this were to be only a street rig though I would never have gone that far since I'll be spending plenty of money on axle shafts and steering components to handle all that weight and rolling mass.

One nice thing about the Rubicon vs Sahara is that the Rubicon gives you the dual piston brakes up front to help with all that mass as well.

As has been said though it's your Jeep and you get to make those decisions. Send pics...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts