Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a long cranking time on their JLU? Mine is a 2018 JLUR with about 15,000 miles. The video below is the exact same issue I've experienced twice now. The dealer has had my Jeep since last week and can't replicate the issue. They think it may be the auxiliary battery failing. However, when it has happened I get no dash lights or anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Retired Moderator
100,458 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Reactions: rtsydup

·
Registered
50 Posts
with only 15k miles this is odd, but I've seen a very similar issue on my daughters Grand Cherokee ('11), which is push button start also. Long cranking and no start after pressing the button, and no apparent fault lights on the dash. Try turning on the vehicle by pressing the start button without depressing the brake, allowing everything to fully turn on (it may take 2 presses to get it to the "run" position (again, without pressing the brake)). Then press the brake and press the start button again to actually crank the engine. If that works, you MAY have a failing fuel pump or relay, where the extra time the pump had to pressurize was enough to get fuel to start the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with only 15k miles this is odd, but I've seen a very similar issue on my daughters Grand Cherokee ('11), which is push button start also. Long cranking and no start after pressing the button, and no apparent fault lights on the dash. Try turning on the vehicle by pressing the start button without depressing the brake, allowing everything to fully turn on (it may take 2 presses to get it to the "run" position (again, without pressing the brake)). Then press the brake and press the start button again to actually crank the engine. If that works, you MAY have a failing fuel pump or relay, where the extra time the pump had to pressurize was enough to get fuel to start the engine.
Thank you. When I have had this issue though, I get the long crank and it does start. I've never had it not start...just a long crank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, Did you ever resolve this issue? Just wondering because my jeep won't start with a quarter tank of fuel parked front downwards on a hill. Once it starts its fine but for some reason the fuel pump can not supply the engine fuel in this condition at start-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts