Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the valet ripped off our "premium sunrider" softtop off of our JLU. So we need a replacement. The dealer here on Oahu Hawaii can order one but I was wondering if we could order elsewhere and pocket the difference to use on goodies for the jeep?

·
Registered
879 Posts
So the valet ripped off our "premium sunrider" softtop off of our JLU. So we need a replacement. The dealer here on Oahu Hawaii can order one but I was wondering if we could order elsewhere and pocket the difference to use on goodies for the jeep?
You can call 4WheelParts in Waipahu to see what they have to offer. How did a valet rip off the top? Low clearance parking structure or stolen?

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yeah, I want to hear that story of how they ruined it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@MoabCarl the way they described it is that they hit a "PVC Pipe". I'm skeptical. The top was in "Sunrider mode" i.e. the top was open but with the portion covering the tailgate still up. They destroyed most of the pieces on the right side, maybe ripped the actual top, and scratched up the roll bar (my guess is they smashed those pieces into the roll bar backing it up after hitting concrete roof or something)

·
Registered
879 Posts
@MoabCarl the way they described it is that they hit a "PVC Pipe". I'm skeptical. The top was in "Sunrider mode" i.e. the top was open but with the portion covering the tailgate still up. They destroyed most of the pieces on the right side, maybe ripped the actual top, and scratched up the roll bar (my guess is they smashed those pieces into the roll bar backing it up after hitting concrete roof or something)
Wow. I hated those low clearance parking structures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck, in May I did something similar myself. No components available, cloth is fine but I bent the frame. I ordered new top through Quadratech about $200 cheaper than local dealer. Bestow didn’t have anything to offer even though dealer said to call Bestop since they manufacture the top.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good luck, in May I did something similar myself. No components available, cloth is fine but I bent the frame. I ordered new top through Quadratech about $200 cheaper than local dealer. Bestow didn’t have anything to offer even though dealer said to call Bestop since they manufacture the top.
I've read elsewhere Bestop cannot sell the OEM even though they make it. I'm sure it's a legal requirement imposed by FCA. Being landlocked is the issue here too for an OEM top. Many buy dual tops and may never use the soft top. Another forum has one local to me selling for $1100 and never used and I've seen others running up to $1500.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have dealt with parts orders on my Jeep from Cutter Jeep off Ala Moana. They got the parts in fast and we're good to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts