Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for my rubi to be built and wondering about kitting it out like my 15 JKUR. On that one installed a steel stubby, front skid plate and 12000 winch. Had to install 2" front lift springs only to compensate for the weight and 1.5" lift springs only in the rear to compensate for the rake. Worked perfectly correcting the front added weight and eliminating the rake for that flat look. The winch saved my butt more than once. Anyways, anyone have experience with this mod on the JL? Not interested in making a real lift change but was extremely satisfied with the JK mod (thanks to guidance from a member back then on this very alteration). Might be the exact same but the JLUR is a tad different than the JK so it makes me wonder.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
There is a youtube video on it as well. In the conversation he stated that there was no noted sag nor did he use a spacer to compensate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD54GfoNJGc
Nice, I think that's the video as well that talks about the clutch lever on the Zeons making contact with the bumper. You have to get a "JL Ready" Zeon. I think it's around the 9 min mark if I remember correctly. haven't seen the video since he posted it.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
I removed the end caps and installed a Warn Winch plate with Zeon 10 synthetic. I did not measure before and after but did not notice any discernible sag. Like ************ stated either get the 45 degree handle (rubicon ready) or get the kit from Warn to retrofit the handle of the older serial numbered Zeons. Either way its a great setup and you should be good to go with no spacers unless you just want to eliminate the natural JL rake.

I also had a 12K winch and Poison Spyder stubby with Bully bar on a 2015 Rubi It was a heavy bumper compared to the Mopar steel rubi bumper. The winch weight was fairly comparable. My 12 K would no way mount into the Mopar steel which is why I went ahead and bought the Warn Zeon.

The above video is a good one, however if you go to my very humble (ocean Blue Rubicon Build) thread there are a few short tips that make that install a little easier. actually allot easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts