Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say I purchase and install a Daystar 1 3/4" lift. Now I want to get some bigger tires, let's say 35's. I want 16x8, 5 on 5, the only backspacing I have found is 4"...will that work? Next question...tires, can I get away with a 13.5" wide on an 8" rim or do I need to stick with the 12.5"? Any info would be appreciated. thanks for your time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 35-12.50 x 17"s on our JK. I'll have to find out on back spacing on Tuesday when the Jeep gets back from running the Rubicon trail.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check back tomorrow sometime.
Meant to say late tuesday, not sure what day it is...too many 12 hour overtime days at the plant!

I thought about wheel spacers temporarily and keep my factory 17" for now to save a little cash-just not sure, I've read so many mixed emotions on the subject...Wonder what backspacing the factory rims have? Anyone know?

·
Im bringin flexy back!
678 Posts
dont think you can buy directly from don, but joe carries dons stuff

·
Registered
69 Posts
thanks, I appreciate that-I will check back tomorrow sometime. can I get the daystar lift thru you or do I have to go thru 4 wheel parts or something.?
You can get it from Joe or 4 wheel parts.
Our Jk got back to day did great on the trail. will have photos soon.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes. 4" will work. OR you could keep your stock wheels and use a 1.5" wheel spacer. These have become so popular, I usually keep 4 sets in stock....:eek:

Joe

·
Registered
69 Posts
thedon, did ya get time to check the backspacing on the jeep?
Our wheels are 4" back spacing.
Here are a link to the photos from the Rubicon that our JK was on.

plus there are some from moab this your and there are some great JK's wheeling. Joe from Absolute off road and our JK and the guys from rock krawler suspension. There rigs work great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts