Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To to start off, I have a 99 tj with a 4 inch lift, some rust and ugly gold.
This jeep is going to be an all out machine by the end of this year.

What I started with is the color/rust.
Gold isn't cutting it.

I took the doors off and sanded them down and gave them coats of matte black.
(For now the jeep will be black completely)

After I get the rust fixed and fully black, I will move into my mods

In time I will be doing some accent colors to it.

There are a few spots I need cut out and re welded, but overall my sander can take care of it

First coat on each door. Beer is what keeps me sane while painting and prepping

I have limited time to work on it, usually 3 hours a night or so.

A forum member that lives near me is kind enough to give me upper soft doors to replace my crappy ones. Thanks Tim!

I am in the process of purchasing a 9.5k winch and mounting it.

I am most likely going to be replacing the Dana 35 with a 8.8 conversion with 4.88 and eaton lockers in the rear. ( undecided so far )

The 30 up front will get beefed up and locked.
I will be clearing rust from frame and undercoating it with rhino liner.

Will keep updated as I progress!

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, After a Few long weeks, And not much progress, I was able to finish up the doors, and the hood.

With work being so hectic right now, and this crazy "Spring" Weather, 60s, 40s, 20s, Rain Sleet Sun Snow.... It has been a bit rough!

soon I will be working on the rest of the body, and right now I am really only worried about getting the rust fixed, sanding the frame and giving it a good coat to keep it from rusting (as of right now it is only surface.)

Pics uploaded soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can only upload one, app keeps freezing.
I will update a bit later.

I will polish it up realy nice when I have the rest complete, I had to buy a new mirror for the drivers side, AFK gave me new windows which you can see in the photo, Thanks Tim!

After rust, will be new Fenders and Rocker Guards.
I am just waiting on the right time to purchase my new 8.8 Rear, and trussing up the 30.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's a process piece by piece and it's looking really good. Be nice to actually see where you're going on the trail now lmao. Then make a big mess till u cant see out of them!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a process piece by piece and it's looking really good. Be nice to actually see where you're going on the trail now lmao. Then make a big mess till u cant see out of them!
yea it will! Gives me an unneeded excuse to take them off! After the snow stops....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts