Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planning a run on John Bull to Holcomb Creek this Saturday 17th
Meet time is 9:00am in Fawnskin in front of the fire station 96. Roll out by 9:30
Body damage possible. 35” tires with at least 1 recovery point. HAM radio or CB for communication. It may be a busy day so bring your lunch. Let’s see if there any interest. Fun trails for a day in the forest. Remember to bring your trash bags!!!!! Leave the trail cleaner that you found it. Keep the forest open

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
damn it! i knew i should have ordered my metalcloak steering stuff earlier id be all over this if my drag link wasn't toast. really kicking myself for this. im going to see if i can get a cheap temporary one at work tomorrow so ill let you know tomorrow night if i can join

·
Registered
676 Posts
damn it! i knew i should have ordered my metalcloak steering stuff earlier id be all over this if my drag link wasn't toast. really kicking myself for this. im going to see if i can get a cheap temporary one at work tomorrow so ill let you know tomorrow night if i can join
Are you close to Fontana, if so p/m me. I'm replacing my factory steering stuff. You can have my factory one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My rear Metalcloak track bar and bracket arrived in three days after order placement. (Two weeks ago)

·
Registered
165 Posts
My rear Metalcloak track bar and bracket arrived in three days after order placement. (Two weeks ago)
hopefully its faster this time around, last month i got the rear diff skid and it took almost 3 weeks and to be fair they said it would because of shitty covid. but my order status as of now says complete so maybe they're back to normal.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I changed the meeting time to 9:00 am. Trying to roll out by 9:30. Hope you guys can still make it. As of now I have total of 4 Jeeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think I may make it up to hit John Bull with you guys, but I got to be back in the early afternoon so won’t be able to hit both trails for sure.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I may make it up to hit John Bull with you guys, but I got to be back in the early afternoon so won’t be able to hit both trails for sure.
Sounds good. If everyone shows up there is 7 with you. Fun group. I’ll see you at 9:00 am fawskin in front of the fire station. Normally where we sit back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
I might run into you guys on John Bull, I'm going to be doing the new gatekeeper on Gold Mountain then Little John Bull, John Bull and heading home by way of White Mountain.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might run into you guys on John Bull, I'm going to be doing the new gatekeeper on Gold Mountain then Little John Bull, John Bull and heading home by way of White Mountain.
Hopefully we will see you there

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well I caught up with you guys before the turn to the mechanical man on John Bull, was "stuck" there until the end of the trail. Holcomb Creek was going to be a very long day, hope you guys had fun. John Bull doesn't have a gatekeeper any more, there is now a large boulder in the way just past the notch so now the only way through is on the left side where all the rocks have been moved creating a new freeway. The new "gatekeeper" on Gold Mountain was a joke, just a bunch of boulders stuck together to make a landing pad, picture attached.
20201017_090745[1].jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I caught up with you guys before the turn to the mechanical man on John Bull, was "stuck" there until the end of the trail. Holcomb Creek was going to be a very long day, hope you guys had fun. John Bull doesn't have a gatekeeper any more, there is now a large boulder in the way just past the notch so now the only way through is on the left side where all the rocks have been moved creating a new freeway. The new "gatekeeper" on Gold Mountain was a joke, just a bunch of boulders stuck together to make a landing pad, picture attached.
View attachment 4459159
I saw you passing us on 3N16. Funny enough there was nobody on Holcomb. Very nice day. We went to GM too, very curious about the gatekeeper, what a joke it is. As for JB that big boulder should be more in the middle at least you have to over it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hope you guys had a good run. I've been dying to get out, might go tomorrow morning. I'll start a new thread.
Nice day. Great group. Quick day. Great weather! Could not ask for anything more

1 - 19 of 19 Posts