Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Got a brand new JKU Sahara 2011 black - not sure what mods I'll be doing since it will be my DD, haven't done hard core off roading (mostly muddy and dirt roads in Latin America) so I'll start with some mild trails and start building from there. I already did the fuel door and got the rubber mats, something tells me that it's the beginning of a bottomless fall.

Any suggestions on clubs or trails in SoCal/OC will be greatly appreciated and I'm slowly realizing that this is really a new "lifestyle" more so than a means of transportation.

Took a couple beauty shots today:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Trust me, mods are not an addicting pursuit of what can I do next. You can quit cold turkey at anytime. Well at least until you cash your next paycheck.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
Very nice! Congrats and Welcome! :wavey:

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

·
Banned
916 Posts
Sweet looking Jeep!! Now..ditch the top and doors...lift, tires, rims, bumpers, rock sliders, skids,winch, exhaust, rear deck cover, bikini, lights...it goes on and on!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, took me about a week of negotiating with the dealer before we reached mutually agreeable terms. It was a complete departure from what I was driving before and I felt the time was right to go back to a 4x4 after doing some off roading in the homeland this past holiday break, you just can't beat that rush.

Now it's time to get some mud on it before I can start talking mods. From what I've been reading online there seems to be a perception that a stock jeep can't go much places, but I have a feeling that stock is a very capable off roader as it is, almost certainly more so than any other stock 4x4 out there.

Any thoughts on what are the limits of what I can push with stock? I might add some skid plates underneath for protection before I go with lifts, bigger tires, etc. (not sure if that strategy even makes sense so thoughts are welcome) - I might be opening a can of worms but what's discussion without controversy.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts