Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 JKU and for the past month or so have felt a jolting while driving at a steady speed of around 50-60 mph. It is very random and I cant pinpoint anything that goes along with it except for the speed is usually in that range. The "jolt" feels like a split second loss of power. Took it to the dealer, they could not get it to act up at all and no codes came up. Finally about 3 1/2 weeks ago I was driving in that same speed range and completely lost all power, with no warning whatsoever! Had to be towed to the dealership. Of course, when they went to start it, it started right up! Still no codes at all! They replaced the PCM. I got it back and a week later it started again. They replaced the TIPM and the mechanic drove it for a few days, he felt the jolt and also the throttle body went out. They replaced it. They contacted Chrysler and guy drove it some more (because they knew they had not fixed the original problem)with a flight recorder hooked up, nothing. All in all they put 1k miles on my Jeep. I went and picked it up, had it a day and it "jolted" 4 times in 2 days! I took it back to them and they have it now. They are checking the electrical harness. Ugh!!!! Anyone had this issue??? HELP!!!! I suppose the only good thing is I am getting a lot of new parts.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
CPS? Grounds?

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
HI,

I had this happened to my Cherokee few years ago, and it turned out that one of wires in the Throttle Body connection was faulty somewhere in the middle of the harness, not at the end of connections. My trusted mechanic replaced that wire and never had any problem thereafter until I sold it about three years after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts