Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the latest JP mag and they have a blurb saying the Gladiator could start at 60K and end at 80K hopefully not true

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
I think starting at 60k would mean they just lost the market they never had..

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Sounds like they are targeting low production high profit

·
Registered
597 Posts
It could true. A loaded JL Sahara is way over 50K.

Oh wait! they probably will start playing the pickup trucks game; always a permanent discount with cashback, making people believe they're getting a super deal.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Can't you do an AEV brute conversion for that??? I'll take a rubitrux conversion with a 6.4L Hemi all day long....

https://www.rubitrux.com/pre-owned-2015-6-4l-hemi-brute-double-cab-conversion-751175.html
But thats 90K for an almost 4 year old jeep! Granted its decked out, but too me that would make the rumored Hercules far more reasonable.

I talked to an AEV guy at an event and I believe he told me it was 40K to get the truck conversion. That was with you supplying the base Jeep and I believe them keeping the stock drivetrain. Not that I think the Gladiator should be 60-80K, but they still seem far cheaper considering the price of JLs

·
Registered
821 Posts
Have you priced any other trucks in the US?
They are all crazy priced and they still sell.
This is a Jeep Truck that SO MANY have been waiting for, it will sell.
Not to the Jeep crowd but it will sell, they don't care who buys it.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Sounds like they are targeting low production high profit

FCA/Jeep dedicated the entire (former) JK assembly line, to just the Gladiator. So, high-production high-profit seems to be their goal.

And considering the number of drooling fans who have been waiting for any Wrangler based pickup, they might just succeed.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I just got the latest JP mag and they have a blurb saying the Gladiator could start at 60K and end at 80K hopefully not true
I don't know what they're smoking but there's no way FCA is going to charge $80K for a Rubicon.

They may have a small premium over the competition but with base 4x4 crew cab trucks from the other brands starting in the low 40's, I wouldn't expect the Gladiator to start much above the mid 40's. And the up charge for various trims like the Rubicon should be in line with the JL. I seriously doubt the executives at FCA are stupid enough to charge more than that. There's no way more than a handful of people would buy them if they went stupid high on the prices, especially with the way the economy is headed right now.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
I won't even look at one if the rubicon is at 60k. The high end chevy colorado bison is low 50's before their discounts and has everything but removable doors and top.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ouch. I'm out if this ends up being true.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
FCA/Jeep dedicated the entire (former) JK assembly line, to just the Gladiator. So, high-production high-profit seems to be their goal.

And considering the number of drooling fans who have been waiting for any Wrangler based pickup, they might just succeed.
It will be interesting to see what the sales numbers turn out to be. The Scrambler comes to mind. Unique vehicle, cool looking, but only functional for a limited group.

I like the idea of a Gladiator, but I might be one of the few that doesn't want to throttle through mountain trails in a $60k vehicle.

·
Registered
866 Posts
JP is a publisher, goal is draw attention to what they sell.. JEEP must compete in the Truck Mkt.. What is the price of a Colorado?? Check out how big sized the Colorado 4dr is.. How about $$ on other midsize trucks?? These are direct competitors.. Sure JEEP should command slightly more as it offers more.. The 1st ones to dealers will be the Rubicons .. with many options so the price is going to be strong.. They will also have Sport models soon after. To quote Aaron Rogers .. R E L A X.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,397 Posts
Jeep is going to compete with Toyota, Chevy, GMC, Nissan and Ford...their trucks will have to similarly priced for like items, or they won't sell. People have gotten used to Jeep not being in the truck market, regardless of the current excitement. Set the price too high, and they'll either increase the sales of the Wrangler, or increase the sales of their competition.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
80K. Unreal. Figure a loaded Escalade is about a 100K so is this really unrealistic from FCA? I don't think so. A new fully loaded JLUR is about 60K so 80K from them certainly is not outlandish. I hope it's not the case, we really want one in a few years but at this price it looks like a Taco may be waiting for us should we decide on a pickup as opposed to a JL

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,397 Posts
I ran the numbers on the competition, started with their highest price models, and optioned them out:

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro - $48,113

2019 Nissan Frontier - $34,000

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison - $53,740

2019 GMC Canyon Denali - $52,575

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - $48,375

This is what the Gladiator is competing against, not 3/4 or 1 ton diesel trucks. It'll be similarly priced to these, most likely the Chevy Bison.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts