Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I got on the "I need new shocks" craze that many JK owners seem to be on. I blame this forum and teraflex for that. I started looking at the new falcon shocks by teraflex, they seems like a quality shock and praised my many in the know. I figured $1350 was the absolute limit that I wanted to spend on new set of adjustable shocks. So I call up Krawl off road and short story is 0-2" falcons are approx 3-4 months backorder because Teraflex is manufacturing the larger range shocks first. They made a hot item and can't keep up with the demand.

So Jason started talking about JRI shocks. I already know this company makes amazing products because three years ago I put a set of JRI shocks on my Harley Road King. Way more performance than I can ever use but a product I have been very happy with. Bad news was that I didn't want to jump into the $1700 Price tag for shocks on my JK.

Two days ago Jason called me back and said JRI just started doing a end of the month offer (9 days left if your interested)....$1200 for a set of jK specific shocks. BLAM!!! Done deal, sign me up, send them my way. Got my tracking number this morning and they will be here in a week. I will definately put up pics and ride report when I get time.

So a big shout out to Jason at Krawl off road for saving me $ and calling me back days later when he learned about the sale.

Company linky to the JK page....
Jeep JK Shocks | JRi Shocks

Linky for a good video on the JRI shocks....
https://youtu.be/imcomtXxI30

Spherical bearings on top and bottom instead of rubber bushings.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tracking number recieved. I will have the JRI's this Thursday. Much better than having to wait 3-4 months for backordered shocks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
how good will those ball bearings hold over time.... the whole point of the falcons is that they are a piggyback style with a much bigger hole for oil flow....

Also 1700 bucks!!! I'm assuming that US $$ too? those are some expensive shocks lol

that style bearing reminds me of the Rubicon express track bars that 2 of my friends are running and that bar bearing end is worn to shits on there Cherokees

best of luck non the less will love to see how they hold up over time

·
Registered
479 Posts
I ordered my Falcon shocks from Northridge 4x4 during their Easter Jeep Safari sale last week. They were in stock and shipped the next day. No 3-4 month wait here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my Falcon shocks from Northridge 4x4 during their Easter Jeep Safari sale last week. They were in stock and shipped the next day. No 3-4 month wait here.

So you recieved them yet? Congrats if so, they do look awesome. Teraflex is quoting the backlog that many people are dealing with. When I looked at the northridge site they only had the falcon 2.1 shocks in stock. Are you saying you got the 3.3 shocks with no waiting or is there more to the story? Because I found a couple vendors that had only the 2.1 non adjustable falcons in stock but not the 3.3 version.

Heck, I ordered some lights from headlight revolution last week. The guy told me "those are in stock and will ship in 24 hrs". 7 days later they actually shipped. Tracking says they will be here on Friday.

how good will those ball bearings hold over time.... the whole point of the falcons is that they are a piggyback style with a much bigger hole for oil flow....

Also 1700 bucks!!! I'm assuming that US $$ too? those are some expensive shocks lol
Yup, I would not pay $1700 for any shocks. But $1200 delivered to my door for the JRI are less than falcons or fox of the same quality. And I would think the single "spherical" (not ball bearings) will last longer than a rubber bushing.

But I will certainly come back to this post if it becomes a point of failure.

R

·
0 Posts
These are great shocks and the new limited time pricing is nice too. Also, if you ever go up or down in lift size they will revalve and shorten/lengthen the rod. Good guys, local to us here in NC.

·
Registered
479 Posts
So you recieved them yet? Congrats if so, they do look awesome. Teraflex is quoting the backlog that many people are dealing with. When I looked at the northridge site they only had the falcon 2.1 shocks in stock. Are you saying you got the 3.3 shocks with no waiting or is there more to the story? Because I found a couple vendors that had only the 2.1 non adjustable falcons in stock but not the 3.3 version.
There is nothing more to the story. It's very simple and straightforward.

I went to Northridge 4x4's website during Easter weekend. I don't remember for sure if it was Saturday or Sunday. They were having a Easter Jeep Safari sale.

I clicked on the Falcon 3.3's. I had doubts that 1) the sale would apply 2) that they were in stock.

Right below the price was a little notice saying "In stock, ships same day." I obviously took that to mean a business day.

I went ahead and put them in my cart, applied the coupon code that they had on their homepage for the sale, and it worked.

Monday morning came, and I got a shipping notification with tracking number from UPS.

They arrived at my door on Wednesday.

I know of another member who had the same experience (he has posted in the Falcon thread).

Good luck with the JRI's, they sound like a nice shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
There is nothing more to the story. It's very simple and straightforward.

I went to Northridge 4x4's website during Easter weekend. I don't remember for sure if it was Saturday or Sunday. They were having a Easter Jeep Safari sale.

I clicked on the Falcon 3.3's. I had doubts that 1) the sale would apply 2) that they were in stock.

Right below the price was a little notice saying "In stock, ships same day." I obviously took that to mean a business day.

I went ahead and put them in my cart, applied the coupon code that they had on their homepage for the sale, and it worked.

Monday morning came, and I got a shipping notification with tracking number from UPS.

They arrived at my door on Wednesday.

I know of another member who had the same experience (he has posted in the Falcon thread).

Good luck with the JRI's, they sound like a nice shock.
OP was talking about the 0-2" being on wait.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Delivered a day early by FedEx. Here are some quick pix and comments.

4 shocks in two separate boxes much better than a single cardboard box holding 30 lbs of shocks.

Front shocks come in separate boxes within the brown box. Rear shocks have the molded foam blankets inside the brown box.

Corner specific locations left front and right front shocks.

Serial number on all shocks. Build specs are recorded at the shop ad maintained on filed for reference on rebuilds, etc.

5/8" diameter shafts and there is the o ring on the shaft to let you know the max range of motion. That silly o ring helps to dial in the settings. Motorcycles and mountain bikes use them, such a simple item to give you feedback on what's going on where you can't see.

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
very nice. can't wait for the performance report. lots of great things happening the shock world for sure.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I gave these a hard look before I bought my current set of shocks, I think for the $ "sale" these are going to prove to be a good value. Enjoy them and let us know your opinion.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We use jri on the cars we build . Incredible shock and the quality is awesome . I'm calling them now . Had no idea they made for the jk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They do come packaged well! Do the adjuster knobs all turn the same? Or do some feel stiffer than others?

The adjuster knobs all turn with the same considerable effort. There is no way to "accidentally" turn them. They don't make a click, it's more of a soft detent on each number. I currently have rancho 9000 shocks with the plastic knobs and they do feel "toyish and fragile" and the numbers are practically invisible. The JRI knobs are easy to read, have high grip surface, and feel like they will last forever.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Out of my 4, 1 took considerable effort to turn, 2 were about the same, and 1 you turned the easiest and you could definitely feel the numbered indentions more.

When you get them mounted, have someone push up and down rapidly on rear and listen how noisy rear upper mounts are.

Thanks for your take on Rancho's. I was actually thinking about buying a set of those, just to see the difference.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the ranchos are had to beat for the price. Get them during the shocktober sale and it's buy 3 get one free. That's 4 shocks for $350 ish price tag. IMO adjustable shocks are the way to go. I have 51k miles on my 9000's and noticed 6 setting is what I need for my ride and that's kinda up there. Use to be a 4 was good enough. I figure they are getting tired so I started looking for a replacements

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Out with the old Ranchos in with the new JRI. I compressed the rancho after removing from my jeep, replaced both rear shocks and when I was done the Rancho shock was still compressed. That tired shock was still compressed two hours later. Picture shows extends lengths.

No more having to get down on my knees and bend around the tire to adjust the shock. The reservoir sits nicely tucked away on top of the frame. I use to keep xtra floor mats in the back to throw down on the dirt/mud when I had to make an adjustment. Now I can Chang the setting while standing up.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have JRI on my harley too. I had to dremel the top hole a few thousandths just to hammer it into place. Had to work my own lower spacers to get them to fit on the lowers. dampening is great. I did a 8 mile ride on a salted road, got them home and hosed them off. The finish was ruined. They did replace them for free, so customer service is great.

For the JK, my King 2.5's arrive tomorrow from northridge.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts