Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Lemur Bluedriver OBDC reader that I've had for a couple years. It works on any vehicle that it plugs into for reading codes and other diagnostic info.

I checked the JSCAN app, it doesn't work with the Bluedriver reader. I really don't want to purchase another OBDC reader just for the Jeep. Does anyone have any experience with both JSCAN and Bluedriver? Is JSCAN that much better (or worse)? The Bluedriver cost 3 times what the Veebeak reader that JSCAN recommends so I'm not sure why it won't work with JSCAN. I tried it today and the JSCAN app didn't see the Bluedriver reader on Bluetooth.

Here's the link to Bluedriver in case anyone wants to see what I'm talking about. https://www.bluedriver.com/products/bluedriver-scan-tool

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I've got a Lemur Bluedriver OBDC reader that I've had for a couple years. It works on any vehicle that it plugs into for reading codes and other diagnostic info.

I checked the JSCAN app, it doesn't work with the Bluedriver reader. I really don't want to purchase another OBDC reader just for the Jeep. Does anyone have any experience with both JSCAN and Bluedriver? Is JSCAN that much better (or worse)? The Bluedriver cost 3 times what the Veebeak reader that JSCAN recommends so I'm not sure why it won't work with JSCAN. I tried it today and the JSCAN app didn't see the Bluedriver reader on Bluetooth.

Here's the link to Bluedriver in case anyone wants to see what I'm talking about. https://www.bluedriver.com/products/bluedriver-scan-tool

I have both jscan and bluedriver.
I find jscan better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have both as well. Got the BlueDriver before I knew about Jscan. I like them both but Jscan better since it's Jeep specific.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I don't know about BlueDriver but JScan can see many of the factory specific data and do bi-directional controls that much more expensive scan tools do...like multi $1000s snap on or Bosch scanners.

I think you are crazy not to have jscan given the price. Now if BlueDriver can do it, great, but that kind of capability (and the ability to use it) is one of the best things you can do diagnose and repair an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts